13| Rebellion

*
      *
*
|
|
|

Luna Lovegood hid her slender body easily behind a suit of armour, watching Ginny who hid opposite

Luna Lovegood hid her slender body easily behind a suit of armour, watching Ginny who hid opposite. The Carrows waltzed on by, none-the-wiser and the moment they turned the corner, the girls were running together, hand in hand through the desolate hallways. They were adrenaline-fueled and determined as they hastily wrote on the walls of the third-floor corridor with bright gold paint. 'We love you, Harry'. It was enough of a rebellion that it kept their voices known.

It had been three months now, and they were nearing Christmas but that would not be clear from the school. There was not a single decoration in sight, and other than the prospect of returning home for the Christmas Holidays, there was no hope in the castle. They had one another, and that was all. All those determined enough to set aside their fear were congregating, and they now had a home for their rebellion.

Skidding back through the hidden door, late at night, the girls were careful to be quiet. The Room of Requirement had become all the things they needed, it was impossibly larger than they had ever anticipated it being, hammocks hung from the rafters in all shades and colours, bodies currently sleeping within them late at night, a collection of armchairs occupied one corner. They had books, a bathroom for both the boys and the girls. They had everything they could possibly need, including a passage to the Hogshead. The room was incapable of producing food so it gave them an outlet to collect their own.

Currently, Azalea and Seamus were curled up on the floor beside a large cauldron, cushions beneath their bodies as their eyes scanned the books strewn open all around them. They were still yet to brew a perfect liquid luck potion but they were getting there slowly. Slughorn wrote notes for them, on the essays they handed in, to help them. The teachers of Hogwarts were in awe of their students and all that they had achieved.

"How's it going?" Ginny questioned as she tucked her body up beside Azalea on the floor, her voice quiet as to not wake the children throughout the room. The ginger's eyes caught momentarily on the lightning bolt hanging around Azalea's neck and she couldn't help but be reminded on Ron. She hadn't seen her brother in months and every day, she feared that he may not have made it. One day, she dreamed of all being reunited in peace once more.

"It's just... Wrong" Seamus stressed, glaring at the potion they couldn't seem to get right. They were very aware how hard it was to brew but they had enlisted the best potions students to help and they were sure they would get there eventually. 

"Seamus" Lavender spoke gently, eyes assessing his face. "You need rest if you plan on ever getting better." she ushered and they all agreed. 

"I can't get into one of those bloody things" he jabbed a finger in the direction of the hammocks and there was small smiles from their group. "I have three broken ribs, don't you know." he reminded for the tenth time in the past hour and they all did know. Slowly, they were all beginning to look a whole lot worse. Bruises and cuts littered them each respectively but they were getting better and better at healing them.

"Perfect that there's a bed now then" Neville smirked, appearing from nowhere, weaving his way between the maze of hammocks and they exchanged glances. "Just appeared. Off you go then mate." Neville beamed victoriously and Seamus huffed, accepting Luna's hand to help him to his feet. Azalea smiled at the boy as he sat beside her, leaning her head softly onto Neville's shoulder and he huffed in appreciation, in the past few months, they had all grown impossibly closer to one another. They were more a family than those by blood because they had experiecend great pain together, and prevailed. 

"Do you think Harry is okay?" she questioend quietly, seriously because deep down, it was the thing that terrified her most. It had been months since the newspapers had even reported his whereabouts, they knew nothing and that meant that she knew nothing. He could've been hurt and suffereing and she wouldn't have been there to help.

"He's okay" Neville responded determinedly. "I know Harry Potter, I have for years and if anyone can win against the Death Eaters, it's Harry. He's the strongest person I've ever met."

"You're strong too Neville. You're so so strong. None of us would have survived this long without you, I hope you know that."

"I know, and I'm going to keep on fighting every day Lea, I am going to fight for Andrew, for Aubrey, the twins, Seamus, Lav, Ginny, Luna, all the others and you. I'm going to fight for my parents because there's no one else to avenge them. I'm not going to let them take anything else from me." he nodded in determination and she smiled softly, nodding. it was that kind of passion that fueled them all, the passion to fight because they had something incredibly important to fight for. They had one another.