23| The Return

*
*
*
|
|
|

Collectively, the rebels of Hogwarts reentered the school that had provided them with nothing but sadness and pain for the past few months

Collectively, the rebels of Hogwarts reentered the school that had provided them with nothing but sadness and pain for the past few months. They were impossibly more determined now than ever before as they funnelled through to their Sunday feast and they were aware of the glimmer of excitement in the Carrows eyes at being able to torture their least favourite children once more after the long two week break.

But the students knew what to expect now, Azaleas eyes travelled around the room as they ate quietly, taking in the faces that were and weren't present. She was equally glad and disappointed to see the absence of Aubrey Green because it meant for certain that her parents had listened to the warning letter Azalea had wrote. She just hoped more than anything that they would be able to keep the girl safe. Andrew, however, waved back at her from the Hufflepuff table, saddened by the absence of his friend. 

Another very prominent absence, which concerned them more than relieved them- was that of Luna Lovegood. The blonde girl they loved so much was no longer sat at the Ravenclaw table scooping pudding excitably onto her plate. In fact, half the students who were there in December, did not return for January which left the Great Hall at quarter capacity. Azalea was glad.

Of course she knew that she may never see Aubrey Green again but she hoped she would. And was more glad than anything else that the girl was safe. Hogwarts was no place for children anymore. The torture would only get harsher but their rebellion was stronger even if their members had left.

"We have to keep on going" Neville informed with a frown of determination when he saw how many of their members hadn't come back. "We can't give up now. You said the war might be in May and that's not even that far away! We still have to master the liquid luck potion and all." He demanded and they all smiled at him.

"And we're going to Nev. I for one, am not at all prepared to just give up now. Not when we have survived this long. Think of all that they have done to us and we're still fighting." azalea smiled.

"And... Aza and I have been in the home of two very tricky tricksters for the last two weeks." Ginny smirked mischievously. " Fred and George are wishing they stayed back a few years so they could have their fun with the Carrows,"

"But, given their absence, they've delegated their trouble making powers to us." Azalea added and Seamus and Neville exchanged excited glances for a moment.

"You mean-" he was cut off by the girls nodding.

"We have more Weasley products in our trunks than we do clothes." Ginny giggled, whispering to those opposite them and they knew that the fun was just beginning. They had many new tricks up their sleeves to make the year hell for the Death Eaters and bring some excitement to the dreary hallways. If Fred and George could make people laugh with Umbridge in charge, they were sure they would succeed now. And the Carrows would torture them either way, they might as well receive detention for enjoyable things.

It was safe to say, the Carrows wouldn't have a clue what hit them and they were all more than excited about it. Excited to repay them for every slap, crucio and cut.

"please put me in charge of the pranks Zee. Please" Seamus practically begged, clasping his hands in front of him in a pleading manner and they all glanced at one another before laughing, ignoring all the silence around them.

"One condition then"

"Anything" Seamus demanded with wide eyes.

"Make sure you get Mr Peeves involved. He's been looking awfully miserable recently and he most definitely is in need of some fun." She smirked and Seamus frowned at the condition.

"What? He's not gonna listen to what I tell him to do"

"No, but he happens to listen to me and that is enough." Azalea beamed. "Besides, if it gives him the opportunity to cause trouble, I'm sure he'd be utterly thrilled to take part." She laughed excitably and they all joined in. Her laughter was infectious that day as they all shovelled food into their mouths. They had a new tactic now and as they crept back to the room of requirement, completely bypassing their dorms, they already had ideas in the works. The walls of the room was decorated that night, pieces of parchment pinned up all around to describe the plans for pranks they had in mind. Seamus was absolutely in his element so as Lavender and the twins set up their area with the new things they had brought from home- Seamus spent the evening combing through the contents of all the products the Weasley brothers had given Lea and Ginny.

One thing was for certain. It was going to be a very interesting new year.