Chapter 4.

Chapter 4.

November 29, 2035

Sophia's POV (pic of Soph's engagement ring --->)

"Baby girl, you fill my life with so much happiness, and you can make me smile, just by talking to me. I love you more than words can describe and I know Luke loves you too. I know this is really early... But will you marry me, baby?" Matty whispered softly, his thumb gently rubbing over my knuckles.

My free hand flew to my mouth, a soft gasp escaping my lips. I never in a million years imagined Matty would actually propose.

"Yes." I choked out as tears began to stream down my face. He grinned and got up, and before I could do anything, he crashed his lips onto mine and I smiled into the kiss when I felt him slide the ring onto my finger.

"I love you so much, Sophia." he whispered after he broke off the kiss.

"I love you too, Matthew." I whispered back, before his lips met mine once again.

"Uhm...Matty..." I sighed as he tugged on my hand as we started walking around the cliff.

"What's up?" he smiled and stopped walking.

"Look, I love you more than anything, you know that..." I began, and Matt chuckled.

"Of course I know that. But I love you more." he grinned and kissed my cheek.

"Okay, I'm just gonna say it. I'm only twenty and still in college, and I don't want to get married just yet. I love you but we've been together for five and a half months. I honestly think it would be too soon if we got married right away." I mumbled through the tears that had started to fall. Matt's eyes widened and he reached out to wipe the tears away.

"Shít, Soph...I understand. Please stop crying, you know I could never ever hate you..." he rushed out, I nodded but the tears just wouldn't stop.

"Baby girl, listen to me. I understand, I really do. I've only ever done this once before, so I'm sorry if I sprung it on you like that. And I agree, I don't want us to get married right away either. Besides, I know a good wedding takes a lot of planning, so it'll probably be a good few years. I just wanted to ask you, and put that ring on your finger, because I've noticed guys staring at you like you're meat and I hate it. You're mine. Now, they'll know you're off limits." Matty explained and I smiled, wiping the tears from my face, since I had managed to calm down slightly.

"Thank you." I hiccuped, I always hiccup after I cry.

"You're too adorable, you know." he smirked and pinched my cheeks. I rolled my eyes and swatted his hands away.

"You know I hate when you do that..." I groaned and shook my head, which just made Matt laugh.

"I know. But it's not my fault your cheeks are so pinchable." he grinned and just to piss me off more, he squeezed my cheeks.

"Stop it." I slapped his hands away and rubbed my cheeks to soothe them.

"So my sexy fiancé, since my parents have Luke tonight, we are kid free...." Matt grinned. "But we should get going. Got stuff to do."

"We do?" I giggled, he smirked and nodded.

"We do. Now let's go." Matt took my hand and lead me to his car.

"Where are we going?" I asked him, as I started to look outside for any sign of somewhere I'd recognize.

"It's a surprise, my love." he said softly and reached for my hand across the center console.