Chapter 12.

Chapter 12.

May 28, 2038

Mia's POV (pic of Mia and Seth ---->)

"Seth, can you believe it's been twenty two years." I sighed as I leaned back into the strong arms of my husband. Twenty two years ago today, I had my miscarriage, with the baby we didn't even know we had.

"No, I can't. Specially since that means you and I have been together for twenty six years. It honestly feels like I just asked you out for the first time..." he whispered as his arms wrapped around my waist.

"I still think our baby would've been a girl. She would've had the same dark hair and dark eyes as you, just like our other babies." I said as I thought back to the day when we found out I was pregnant and lost the baby, all at once.

"Maybe. But I know she would've had all her Mother's beauty. Just like Sophia." Seth said as he turned me in his arms and brushed some hair out of my face. I've always loved when he does that.

"I love you." I whispered as we locked gazes, I love this man in front of me more than I ever thought possible.

"I love you too, Mia." he smiled and leaned down to kiss my lips softly. "I'm so fucking lucky I asked you out that day."

"You sure are." I winked as I thought back to that day, Seth and I had been getting to know each other for a few weeks before then, and I admit I was shocked he'd asked me out, as I was probably the last girl he'd ask out.

>>FLASHBACK- FEBRUARY 21, 2012<<

"Uhm...hi, Mia." I slammed my locker shut and turned where I'd heard the voice come from. I smiled when I recognized him as Seth; we live down the street from each other. I'm not sure why he's here, since he goes to the other major high school in town.

"Hey Seth, what's up?" I smiled as we started walking, he's not gonna follow me to my next class, is he?

"Look, Mia, I've had my eyes on you for a while now...and I don't mean for that to sound really creepy or anything, but you've captivated me. You're so beautiful. I was wondering if you'd wanna maybe... Go out sometime?" Seth asked me, I could see him starting to sweat from here.

"Sure, I'd love to." I said as I hugged my History textbook closer to my chest and brushed some hair behind my ear.

"Great, I'll pick you up at seven on Friday?" he smiled.

"I'd like that. Here's my number." I quickly wrote it down on a random piece of paper from my binder and handed it to him.

"I'll call you tonight." he said and in a flash, he was gone and out of the building. He probably had to get back for his next class.

The rest of the day, I couldn't stop smiling. I can't believe Seth actually asked me out, specially since he was with his ex girlfriend just last week. Oh well, I didn't care; I had a date!

>>END OF FLASHBACK<<

"That was so worth it." Seth chuckled and kissed the side of my head as I leaned into him.

"I can't believe we would've had five kids if she'd survived the pregnancy." I whispered. "If I wasn't so stupid, I would've been more careful and I would've made sure she was going to be okay."

"Mia, I hate that you think it's still your fault. It wasn't, you didn't know. Okay? So please stop thinking that. Now, why don't I go run a bath for you?" Seth whispered as he lifted me into his arms bridal style and carried me up to our room.