Chapter 13.

Chapter 13.

June 3, 2038

Sophia's POV (pic of their apartment ---->)

"Mommy!" my smile only widened when I heard my two sons run through the apartment before I pulled them into a bone crushing hug.

"I've missed you boys so much." I whispered to them, they've been at Matt's since Friday and it's still hard to only have them a week at a time.

"Hey Sophia." Matt knocked on the apartment door and opened it slightly, my smile dropped when I noticed he had his arm around a brunette.

"Hi." I tried not to give it away that I was still hurting. "Who's this?"

"Oh, this is Kendall. We've been dating for two weeks." he chuckled and smiled over at her. "We're going out, so come give me a hug, boys."

Luke and Eli both ran to Matt and hugged him, before they disappeared into the apartment.

"I'll bring them back Saturday morning." I said, there was no emotion in my voice whatsoever.

"Alright, sounds good. Gives Kendall and I plenty of alone time." he leaned over to her and kissed her neck, which made her start giggling.

"Okay, ewww..." I giggled and shook my head. "Now get out."

"See ya." Matt waved one last time before they walked away and I closed the door, leaning back against it.

"Mommy, can we have some lunch?" Luke asked as soon as I got into the living room after my almost breakdown.

"Sure can, I'll make you both a peanut butter sandwich." I put on a smile for them as the three of us walked into the kitchen. I pulled out two chairs for them, Luke hopped right onto his, but I had to lift Eli up, since the chairs were higher than he could reach.

"Can I have jelly on mine, please?" Luke asked as I started getting the bread and peanut butter out, I also got out some apples for them to have.

I nodded at Luke's question, and crossed the kitchen to the refrigerator. God this apartment is too small, if Colton ever wants to start a family, we're going to need a bigger house. We already have Luke and Eli sharing a room as is.

"Here you go." I placed a plate in front of each of them and then poured two glasses of apple juice and gave them a glass each.

"I'm home, Babe." I heard Colton shout, followed by the slam of the apartment door.

"Hey." I smiled as he walked toward me and pecked my lips. "Matt had to drop the boys off early."

"That's fine." he smiled and gave me one more kiss before he disappeared into our room. I couldn't help but wonder where he'd gone earlier, he woke me up at nine this morning and told me he had an errand to run, and it's just past twelve thirty now.

"Mommy guess what?" Luke said as he put his sandwich down and smiled at me.

"What is it, Buddy?" I chuckled at his excitement, whatever it is, it must be good news.

"Daddy says we're getting a dog! He went to the store yesterday and we went to Grandma's and then he came back and showed us a picture! He's brown and big." Luke said, it was obvious he was excited. I know he's been asking Matt for a dog for as long as I can remember. For a while, it was because Eli was a newborn and we knew that wouldn't go well. I wonder why he suddenly changed his mind.

"Really? You guys are lucky," I said as I pulled a glass out and got myself a glass of water.

"Yea, and we're gonna have two puppies cuz Lucy has one too." he rushed out and I raised my eyebrows at him.