Chapter 17.

Chapter 17.

September 2, 2038 ( 17wks, 0 days )

Colton's POV

When I woke up the next morning, I checked my phone and saw I had five missed calls and ten texts from Sophia. Of course she'd be the one to be worried about where I am. Too bad she isn't gonna find out.

I went around and got ready to go to the arena in a few hours, it's the day I'm racing Andrew Jameson. Hopefully for the last time.

First thing when I walked out of the hotel I was staying at, I was hit by a bunch of reporters, with cameras and microphones. Damn Sebastian.

"Colton! Is it true your racing career is back on track?" one reporter asked.

"Are you really racing your long-time rival Andrew Jameson?" another asked.

I just shook my head as I weaved my way through the mass of reporters, until I saw the limo that would take me to the race.

"You didn't answer many questions, right?" Seb asked first thing when I'd shut the door and we were driving down the road.

"No." I muttered and looked out the window. I was hoping I'd never have to race again, too late.

"Good, we've told all the news crews about the press conference, so you can answer all their questions then." he smirked and I sighed, of course Jameson and I are forced to sit there and answer a bunch of questions, which they probably know all the answers to anyway.

Once we got to the arena, there were again another couple hundred reporters out front and I groaned.

"Don't worry, Cole, we're not going that way." Seb smirked as we drove around the arena to the back and there was a door back there.

"Okay, just relax for now, we have about two hours before the race starts." Seb explained as we walked in and then he left to go talk to someone. I sighed and went back to my car and sat down.

"Well, well, well..." I growled lowly when I heard his voice. "Finally decided to come back, eh Colton?"

"Shut the hell up, Jameson." I growled. "I'm just coming back to kick your ass."

"Don't get cocky, Thomas," he smirked. "I got this... You're going down."

"Andrew! Get over here!" one of the guys on Jameson's crew shouted at him.

"This isn't over, Thomas." he warned and walked back to his car.

"Oh my god, hi Colton!" I heard a very high pitched squeal as I turned around and saw a few girls jumping up and down.

"Oh my god! Oh my god!" the same girl squealed. "Oh my god, sorry Colton... My friends and I are just huge fans of yours... I have a tshirt with your racecar number on it."

"Uh.... That's cool," I smiled, of course I have to be nice to my fans. "So you guys are here for the race?"

"Yep, I had my Mom and Dad drive me and my friends here all the way from Fresno so I could come see you." she said and bit her lip, well jeesh, I didn't think I was that big of a celebrity.

"Hey, I'm sorry girls, you can't be back here." Seb warned as he came up next to me and I thanked him with my eyes, that was getting weird.

"Okay, bye Colton! Love you!" the same blonde squealed before she and her two friends ran away.

"Are you almost ready? The race starts in fifteen minutes." he smirked and I could feel the adrenaline beginning to run through my body, I always get like this before a race.