Chapter 9.

Chapter 9.

January 19, 2036

Matty's POV ( Sophia- 13wks, 1 day )

"Wake up, baby girl..." I whispered in Soph's ear softly and rubbed her back gently.

"Go away." she mumbled, over the past three days, she's been really sick, and she hasn't left our bed, except to go to the bathroom or to throw up.

"Baby girl, you need to get out of bed. Just for a little bit." I sighed and pushed some hair out of her face, she's been so miserable and I hate it, there's nothing I can do.

"Can you carry me?" she asked as she sat up a little, then went right back down, probably because she got lightheaded...

"I guess." I chuckled and put one arm under her knees and the other around her neck, so I was carrying her bridal style.

"Come on, Baby." I smiled down at her and kissed her forehead, before making my way downstairs and set her on the couch.

"I'll go make you some chicken noodle soup, okay?" I whispered to her softly as she curled in a ball and covered herself in a blanket.

"Uh huh." she mumbled and I knew she was half asleep, she's been extra tired lately and she's been in a lot of pain, which has me worried, this is what Katy went through with Luke.

I sighed and tucked her into the blanket more, before I made my way into the kitchen to make her some homemade chicken noodle soup. Yes I'm a guy and yes I know how to cook. My mom taught me how to cook a lot of things, because she says girls are extra attracted to guys who can cook.

I got all the ingredients needed to make the soup and got everything ready, before I started slowly adding the different ingredients, and after a while of stirring the pot, and adding everything, I put it in a small bowl and put some saltine crackers in it, before walking out to Sophia.

"Sweetheart, I've got your soup." I whispered as I set the bowl down on the coffee table and shook her slightly, to wake her up.

"Thanks Matty." she croaked, I smiled sadly and kissed her cheek, I just want my normal bubbly fiancé back, because this girl in front of me definitely isn't her.

"Anything for you, sweetheart. Now, while you're eating that, I'm going to go start a bath for you, and I'll set out your comfy pajamas." I said softly and then left her to eat her soup, while I went upstairs and found some of her comfy sweats, before I went into the bathroom and filled the tub with water and then her favorite vanilla-scented bubbles.

"Hi Baby." Soph's soft voice came from the door to the bathroom and I smiled as I turned to her, then walked toward her and helped her take her clothes off before I lifted her into the warm water.

"Relax as long as you need, Princess, I'll come check on you in a little bit." I whispered and kissed her forehead before I reached in the cabinet and set a fluffy towel on the counter for her.

As I walked past Luke's room, I saw him playing with his Legos on the floor and I smiled, I'm glad he can entertain himself, instead of always asking Soph or myself to play with him.

When I got back downstairs, I decided to go outside and do some yard work, this may be new, but the backyard wasn't looking so good. Maybe I should ask Soph if she'd want to plant some flowers or vegetables back here. I don't doubt Luke will convince me to get him a playset to put back here, even if there is a park right around the corner.

About an hour later, I'd finished what I wanted to get done and headed back inside. Just as I was about to sit down and watch tv, I heard the unmistakable sound of Sophia throwing up. I sighed and ran up the stairs to our room.