Chapter Sixty-Two

"Max" she spoke his name gently, noticing when his eyes fixated on her at the sound of his name. She got up from the edge of the bed, turning to stand in front of him. He lifted his head, intrigue within his gaze. She reached for the edge of her jeans, and his eyes immediately snapped to the movement of her hands. He watched, wide-eyed as she pushed them to her feet, along with her underwear. She stood in front of him, the coolness of the air against her skin, showing every secret she had vowed to hide, for his eyes to fester on.

"I want you...Max" she spoke, almost a whisper. He looked conflicted, the edge of hooded eyes. But, it wasn't about whether or not he wanted her. He wanted her more than he wanted air. But, it was whether she was mentally ready, after the trauma she had experienced at such a young age surrounding sex, was she truly ready to give herself to him? or did she simply feel an obligation in the moment to do so?

If it was the latter, she'd express fear right? at the sight of him.

He stood up from the bed, eyes held her own. She took a small step back, just enough to give him the room he needed to grip at his own jeans, pulling them along with his boxers down his legs, and kicking them away. His eyes admired her own, looking for anything within them, an inkling that she hesitated, but they showed him nothing of the sort. Her eyes, they were full of lust, of want for him, no indication of fear...and that was enough for him.

He took her gently into his arms, placing her on the bed, adjusting the pillow against the back of her head to best support her neck. She watched, eyes narrowed as he licked across her chest, taking her nipple into his mouth. His eyes flicked up, glinting at the sight of her head leaned back against the cushion, her eyes closed, her hands gripping fists of the blanket on either side of her head. She hardly made noise, but every jut of her hips, the way she bent her knees, pressing her thighs against his sides, he knew she enjoyed it. She was simply taking in every sensation, every press, without the distraction of sight.

He pressed against her, swirling it with his tongue, kissing his way down her chest to her delicate hips. The scars that lay there, inflicted by her mother's foolish endeavors, and yet Harmony still appeared to adore the woman. So forgiving, always giving everyone a second chance even if they didn't deserve it...even him. But, he knew it wasn't out of kindness that she did so, but the intense need for human connection she had. If she never forgave everyone who had wronged her, there would be no one left to hold her, she'd be all alone.

He leaned down further across her body, his breath tracing his way down, leaving her cool to the air. He gripped her thighs, anchoring them tightly at either side of his head. He nudged at her apex with his nose, listening to her deep, shaky breaths, the way her chest rose and fell. She could sense him against her sex, his heat, she wouldn't deny that her head was muddled with what-ifs. If he realized she was simply too far gone to be of any use to him, if she was no longer attractive to him, now that he knew she had been tainted by the presence of another. The moment his lips pressed against her, her eyes opened, bright and wide, tightening her grip on the blanket in some sort of failed attempt to support herself.

No one had ever touched her like he did, giving her pleasure so profound she found herself unable to take a full breath into her lungs. She dug the side of her head into the pillow, shifting her hips to adjoin his tongue across her clit, and when her body suddenly jumped with a flavourful rhythm, reaching down with a hand to grip his hair in a tight tangle of strands between her fingers. She didn't want him to stop, eyes screwed shut, when his grip tightened on her thighs. She was close, he could feel as she throbbed against his tongue. her body was shifting with pleasure so much he could hardly control her, he had to anchor her thighs to keep her in place. Every heavy breath, every whine, every moan from her lips, hearing his angel sing, there was nothing to compare.