Battle of Hogwarts

Hi! So today, the 2nd of May, is the anniversary of the Battle of Hogwarts. I was planning on updating for the occasion, but got caught up in a school project, and most likely will be unable to do so. It will almost 100% be done by tomorrow, so don't worry, another chapter will be coming soon.

Today, in 1998, there were plenty of casualties on both sides of the war. There are some that we almost always remember with a sad look (such as Remus and Fred) and their are others that we barely even mention (Colin Creevey). All these heroes deserve their own little thank you.

To Remus Lupin, thank you for teaching us defence, for giving us chocolate, and for showing us that being different is okay.

To (I won't put your first name) Tonks, thank you for showing us that we don't have to live up to other's expectations. That we can stand out (with bubblegum pink hair) and be ourselves.

To Fred Weasley, thank you for making us laugh. Your snarky comments lightened up every page you were on. Don't worry, we'll help Peeves give Umbridge hell for you.

To Severus Snape, I may not like you, but still, thank you for seeing sense and deflecting Lord Voldemort. You ended up dying twice the man you had been. Thank you.

To Colin Creevey, thank you for being your energetic self. Thank you for all your pictures. Thank you for fighting, you weren't even of age yet you gave your lives for the greater good.

To Lavender Brown, I'll admit, I can't tell whether you died or not, but either way thank you for fighting. You've grown so much from the annoying girl the year before.

To the other 50 unknown casualties, thank you for giving up your lives for the greater good.

Now, a list of casualties from Voldemort's side, because you deserve a mention, no matter your intentions.

-Lord Voldemort
-Bellatrix Lestrange
-Vincent Crabbe
-Nagini
-Scabior
-Unknown Snatcher and Death Eaters
-Unnamed Giants

Following the example of JK Rowling herself, I'd also like to make an announcement for those who have died in the Covid-19 pandemic, their family members, and the first responders. In more ways than not, I feel as if everyone has been affected at some point by this disease. I think and pray about everyone during this time of crisis.

On an upbeat note, Happy Birthday to Victoire Weasley!

See you with the next update, Maddy S.