Chapter 25

The Hogs Head in wasn't exactly what Maddy had in her mind when she was told to go to a pub in Hogsmeade.

She took off the Invisibility Cloak, and stuffed it in her bag, looking around the dingy joint.

"You sure this is the right place?" Dennis asked, as he too took in their surrounding environment.

"The sign says the Hogs Head, plus it's close to what Hermione described to us." Simon said, making his way to an empty booth.

Maddy and Dennis exchanged glances, before following Simon.

One of you get butterbeers? Maddy took out a small pouch of sickles she had been given by Sirius for the train, yet didn't finish, and fished out two handing them to Simon.

"I guess I'm getting it then." Simon muttered, "Want anything, Dennis?"

"I've never had a butterbeer, but I'll try it. Colin says it's good." Dennis handed the sickles to Simon.

"I'll be back."

Dennis frowned, "Does this place smell like goats to you, Maddy?"

Maddy nodded, but didn't make any move to sign, knowing Dennis wouldn't come back.

Simon returned with three dusty bottles of butterbeer, and handed two of them to Dennis and Maddy.

"I can't be the only one who thinks the bartender looks familiar."

Maddy craned her neck to take a look at the bartender. He was an older man with a grumpy expression, doning long grey hair and a beard to match. Maddy's lips pursed as she tried to see what Simon was saying.

He looks like a grumpy version of Dumbledore.

"That's it!" Simon said. "I wonder if he's related to Dumbledore in any way."

Dennis glanced over to where they were looking. "I'm not exactly sure."

They sat for a little bit, talking and signing about random things, when the door opened to reveal Harry, Ron, and Hermione.

"Let them order their drinks first, we'll go over when the others arrive." Simon suggested.

They didn't have to wait, after the trio ordered their drinks, they walked over and sat with the three younger kids.

"You know what," murmured Ron after they had sat down. "We could order anything we like in here, I bet that blike would sell us anything, he wouldn't care. I've always wanted to try firewhiskey -"

"You - are - a - prefect," snarled Hermione.

You've got three people who aren't even supposed to be in Hogsmeade sitting next to you. Maddy pointed out.

Before Hermione got upset, Harry changed the subject. "So who did you say was supposed to be meeting us? Besides the three that are already here. And Colin, since I'm assuming that he'll be here soon."

"Just a couple of people," Hermione told him, looking anxiously between her watch and the door. "I told them to be here about now and I'm sure they all know where it is - oh look, this might be them now -"

Maddy examined the crowd as they came in clusters. Simon wasn't exactly sure who half the people were, and finished his butterbeer in one more gulp.

Neville Longbottom came in, Dean Thomas, Lavender Brown, Pavarti and Padma Patil in tow. Cho Chang, and Marietta Edgecombe (who Maddy had to take a second to remember her name). Luna Lovegood. The chasers on the Gryffindor Quidditch team: Katie Bell, Alicia Spinnet, and Angelina Johnson. Colin Creevey (Dennis had gone over to his older brother), Ernie Macmillan, Justin Finch-Fletchley, Hannah Abbott, Susan Bones, Anthony Goldstein, Michael Corner, and Terry Boot. Ginny, who gave Maddy a small wave, which she returned. Zacharias Smith. And lastly, Fred, George, and Lee, carrying large bags of Zonko's products.