Chapter 31

"So, let me get this straight," said Allie, as the group of first years made their way down from the stands, "Gryffindor won? Despite not making as many goals?"

Harry caught the Snitch, remember?

"Catching the little ball gives you an automatic win? Then how come they even try to score?"

"It's not an automatic win, Sam," Rose stated, "It's one hundred and fifty points."

"I'm with Sam and Allie," Simon scratched the back of his head in thought, "Quidditch is just a little confusing for me."

You're going to read my copy of Quidditch Through The Ages, Maddy informed him. That will give you a breakdown on the sport's origins.

Simon bit his bottom lip, and gave Maddy a peculiar glance. "And you'll read my copy of Healing Potions you got me for my birthday?"

Maddy glared at him, but nodded curtly, and was about to respond when she heard screaming from the pitch. That's the Gryffindor team and Malfoy! She signed, before she bolted down the stairs, Simon, Allie, Polly, Sam, and Rose chasing after her.

"I don't hear anything besides the normal chatter," Polly yelled as she jumped over a handrail.

Simon hollered, "Mads has good hearing, you get used to it," back at her.

The group got odd looks from the students they were bolting through, Simon and Rose both muttering apologies every so often.

When the five arrived at their destination, Maddy was already communicating with Fred, who looked overly angry just to be standing there.

"一 and Angelina, Katie, and Alicia held me back, but Harry and George had at him, but they got in trouble." Fred said a few choice words about the situation.

Maddy thanked him, and Fred stormed off. She gestured for her friends to come over to her. This is bad. She told them, before going into a rant about what happened. (Draco Malfoy insulting Mrs. Weasley and Lily Potter, and the fight.)

"They can't get expelled for that," whispered Polly. "Wait, can they?"

Simon fiddled with his sleeve, "I think we're highly underestimating or highly overestimating Professor Umbridge. The problem 一 the problem is, I've yet to figure out which it is."

Maddy glanced over her shoulder in the direction Fred had gone. Whatever happens, I hope Malfoy gets in trouble too. Insulting people's families is too far.

■□~□■

"Maddy, you're needed in the Common Room," Gabby said as she entered their Dormitory, Eve on her left. "Some older kid told us to get you."

Maddy looked up from where she was attempting to read Healing Potions from her promise with Simon. She gladly put the book down and jumped up, thanking Gabby as she bolted down the staircase.

The only people in the Common Room were the Gryffindor Quidditch team, bar Ron, with Hermione and Ginny in addition.

"Sit, Madeline," Angelina commanded, and Maddy sat on the floor in front of Harry, crossing her legs and resting her elbows on her thighs. She looked expectantly at the older students, who had all taken to looking at her. "Did you hear about what happened after today's game?"

Maddy nodded, while Fred said that he had told her the gist of what had happened after the match.

"Fred, Harry, and I got lifetime Quidditch bans," George stated bluntly. "And since you're the back-up Beater, you need to find a way to get your broom from home."