Chapter 11

The cold, gray dawn made the sky outside Grimmauld Place gave the illusion that it was much earlier than it truly was.

Maddy woke up with an abnormal amount of energy, which caused her to stare at the clock much longer than she had to, making sure it truly was a quarter to six in the morning. Knowing she wouldn't be able to sleep anymore, she climbed out of bed, and slipped her feet into the pair of beaten up sneakers she kept at its foot, due to the fact it was a health hazard to walk in Grimmauld Place without shoes. She pulled her leather jacket off it's hook, and put it over the nightgown she wore.

She jogged to the kitchen, expecting it to be empty, allowing her to pilfer a Chocolate Frog or two. When she got there, she saw it was already occupied.

Hitting Maddy like a freight train, she remembered that it was the day of Harry's hearing, and she felt awful for forgetting. She jogged into the room, and took a seat next to her father, who was fully dressed, as was everyone else in the room, bar Mrs. Weasley.

"You're up early," commented Remus, smiling softly at her.

Maddy just shrugged as Harry entered the room, a queasy look about him.

"Breakfast!" said Mrs. Weasley, rushing to offer Harry different options of meals. After Mrs. Weasley got him settled with his toast and marmalade, she brought Maddy a bowl of porridge, and Maddy nodded her thanks, as she slowly began to eat it.

She let her mind wander, stirring her porridge aimlessly. She thought about Harry's trial, and the school year, and what might be in store for her.

She was finally tugged back into reality when she heard Mr. Weasley asked, "How are you feeling?" Harry shrugged, so he continued. "It'll all be over soon, in a few hours time you'll be cleared. The hearing's on my floor, in Amelia Bones's office. She's Head of the Magical Law Enforcement and she's the one who'll be questioning you."

Maddy gave him a small smile. I have faith in you.

Harry didn't return it.

"Amelia Bones is okay, Harry," informed Tonks. "She's fair, she'll hear you out."

"Don't lose your temper," instructed Sirius, "Be polite, and stick to the facts."

Harry nodded at the advice.

"The law's on your side," said Remus. "Even underage wizards are allowed to do magic in life-threatening situations."

Maddy pondered on what "life-threatening" intaled. Plenty of scenarios, ranging from Harry's run-in with a Dementor, to falling out of an aeroplane without a parachute.

She felt a splash of water hit her face, and looked up to see Mrs. Weasley attempting to try and brush Harry's hair. "Does it ever lie flat?"

Harry shook his head, showing Maddy once again.

"I think we'll go now," informed Mr. Weasley. "We're a bit early, but I think you'll be better off there than hanging around here."

"Okay," responded Harry.

The group murmured their goodbyes and words of courage as Mr. Weasley and Harry left.

"You're friends with Simon, right?" Tonks yawned, Maddy turned to her, and nodded.

Tonks pulled a small letter out of her pocket and handed it to her.

I'll give this to him. Maddy smiled, the letter placed next to her bowl.

Maddy tugged at Remus's sleeve, causing him to turn to her. Why is everyone dressed?

"Just Order business."