01

A/N: QUICK GUIDE TO THIS ELLIE-VERSE'S CHARACTERS

main original character: Elinor Rousseau
nickname(s): El, Ellie, Elle (by George only)

main original character's family of bakers:
Etienne Rousseau (the dad who bakes)
Bielle Rousseau (the mum who guards the cashier)
Ezme Rousseau (the sister, the artsy one)
Cameron Marco (the sister's boyfriend, so practically family)

baking workshop participants:
Lionetta Darcy (the loyal customer)
Isla & Elena Darcy (the loyal customer's twin daughters)
Florence Dixon (the American newcomer)
Molly Weasley (you know who)

☆★☆

07/02/2001
la Deli boulangerie, Kingswear, Devon
¬

[ d a y   o n e ]

"BONJOUR! COMMENT ALLEZ-VOUS?"

When the Deli's door was pushed open, a cute bronze bell hung right on top of it would always ring. And then the greeting would come out of Elinor's lips spontaneously.

After doing that repeatedly for years, it was bound to be spontaneous.

"Even if you greet me every day in French, Ellie, doesn't mean I will understand that language anytime soon. But I'm fine, thank you," Mrs. Lionetta Darcy patted her left arm twice.

"Oh, you're here for the workshop, aren't you, Madame?" Elinor asked with a smile. She wasn't the type who gave out small, shy smiles. It was always a full-out toothy one. "Or should I round up the usual for you?"

Elinor had been placing two Chocolate Torsades, a Lemon Drizzle Scone, a Cruller, and a Hazelnut Lattice on a tray for that lovely lady, every day, for three years. Sometimes Lionetta ordered more during the weekends or festive holidays, sometimes less, but the Deli was undoubtedly the main reason behind her twin daughters' obesity.

No one could blame them, though.

The aroma of freshly baked cakes and warm bread wafting from the French family bakery could draw anyone around to pay a visit and consequently buy something off the racks. Bielle would be wooing potential restaurants from behind the cashier, Etienne would be busy monitoring the scalding hot kitchen, while Elinor and Cameron would be wandering around the shop whenever help was needed. Ezme would chip in, too, whenever she was in town.

"No, thank you," Lionetta replied, "I'm going to talk to Bielle."

"Alright, then."