35

29/04/2001
Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes, Diagon Alley, London
¬

[ k i s s ]

"MORNIN'."

Elinor's eyes fluttered open and it took a few good seconds to register reality into her hazy mind. And the reality was this: she had been sleeping on the couch in George's arms with her back pinned closely against his chest.

And when he said that one word huskily, burying his face into the nook of her neck, circling his arms around her waist—

Oh. My. Freaking. God.

Elinor felt her cheeks warmed. Any trace of drowsiness in her mind was completely gone. She was only aware of him, enveloping all of her senses.

Well, him and her currently full bladder.

"M— Morning."

"I really should get up," he mumbled.

"I really need to pee."

"Five minutes."

Elinor smiled abashedly as her heart leapt with joy. She rolled onto her right side, pressed her forehead onto his broad chest, and snuggled closer into his warmth. "Okay."

☆★☆

current playlist: the story - sara ramirez

☆★☆

"ELLIE, YOU KNOW YOU CAN'T AVOID THIS TOPIC FOREVER

"ELLIE, YOU KNOW YOU CAN'T AVOID THIS TOPIC FOREVER."

George sat in front of her and repeated his question, "How did you get here?"

Elinor replied softly, "I took a bus."

"You took a bus?" George raised his eyebrows, "From Devon to London? How long was it... Six hours? In your hospital dress?"

"Eight hours, actually," Elinor corrected.

"And then?"

"And then..." When she faltered, George squeezed her hands in assurance, and she continued, "And then I went to Leaky Cauldron. Went through the brick wall and walked up here. Your shop is... quite eye-catching."

"In broad daylight?! That's brilliant, Elle! I'm so proud of you!"

Elinor looked away, sighing. No matter how she loved spending time with him... no matter how much she wanted to stay by his side...

"Look, George. I'm sorry for coming here unannounced and disturbing you. I promise, I'll be on my way before you know it."

George sat up straight, alarmed. "On your way? Where? Are you still thinking of leaving?"