42

02/05/2001
Hogwarts School of Witchcraft & Wizardry, somewhere in Scotland
¬

[ h o g w a r t s   p t . 3 ]

"DEAR, HAVE SOME MORE CHICKEN."

Molly offered with eyebrows furrowed in concern. Elinor replied with a toothy laugh, "I'm stuffed, Molly! Thank you! You should eat some more."

On the contrary of her bubbly behaviour, her cheeks and nose were still red from all the crying after seeing Melissa's grave earlier.

Melissa Hughes

Blood doesn't define you,
your actions do.

August 7th, 1979 - May 2nd, 1998

George was right. There were only a handful of people enjoying lunch in the Great Hall. Less than ten, counting aside all fourteen of the Weasleys' clan.

"Good afternoon."

Elinor looked over her shoulder and saw Professor McGonagall, looking exactly the same as she always did. She was wearing her signature pointy hat, judging pair of eyes, and  a thin smile.

 She was wearing her signature pointy hat, judging pair of eyes, and  a thin smile

"Minerva! How are you?" Molly greeted immediately, springing up from her seat.

"Good, how about you?"

"Oh, brilliant. Brilliant."

"I see that everyone's here."

"Yes, Charlie managed to get some time off from his job. Ginny, too. And the Ministry's made today a public holiday. Oh, this is Ellie."

Ellie swallowed down her lunch awkwardly and stood up, "Sorry. Hi, professor, I don't know if you remember me—"

"Ms. Sif," McGonagall acknowledged.

"You— you remember."

"Of course! I may be old but I still have a good memory. What do you do now?"

"Uh... I run a bakery."

Elinor's tone pitched up at the end, as if she was asking instead of stating.

"You do? I never recall you as someone who loves baking."

"It's a recent passion," Elinor chuckled.

"I have to take care of something. Lovely seeing every one of you here. Mr. and Mrs. Weasleys, Mr. Potter, Ms. Granger, Mr. Lupin, Arthur, Molly. Ms. Sif, I will surely tell Pomona that you visited."