06

15/02/2001
la Deli boulangerie, Kingswear, Devon
¬

[ h e a d i n j u r y ]

A/N:HAHAHA no, Elinor did not die like that (RIP Dany)It's just something I found online :)

A/N:
HAHAHA no, Elinor did not die like that (RIP Dany)
It's just something I found online :)

☆★☆

"QUE DIABLE AVEZ-VOUS FAIT?"

George stood rigidly on his spot, afraid that if he moved, he would make this bad situation worse.

Actually, it couldn't. How could it be worse?

In those people's eyes, a stranger came into their peaceful vicinity, got involved in a full-volume argument with an employee, and now the said employee was laying in an unmoving heap at his feet.

Did his mother say this was a family business? If so, she was more than an employee. She was a daughter. And he was thoroughly screwed.

A blonde girl came running to Elinor's aid, screaming her nickname.

Then a boy hopped over the counter and scooped her limp body into his arms.

She was ghostly pale, all the previous scarlet flush on her face was completely gone.

Then a middle-aged man stomped towards him with his finger pointed accusingly to his nose. The man began sprouting indecipherable words in a language George totally didn't understand, but he could guess that it was a long string of French curse words.

"He's asking, if I may tone it down a bit, what the hell did you do?" the younger boy translated.

"I did nothing!" George exclaimed, raising his arms halfway in surrender, "She suddenly passed out on her own."

"That's ordures, you hear me?! Rubbiz!" Now the middle-aged man was screaming in English, but George barely understood half of what he said. His accent was too odd. "Tell me, what deez you do?!"

"Papa, she's not waking up," the blonde girl interjected, "We have to take her to the hospital."

"Lez all go, close the bakery."

"There's the governor's banquet tonight, remember? We have to prepare for it."

"I'll go," the young man offered, "I'll make sure everything's okay. Can I take the Chevy?"

"Fine," Etienne grumbled, "Take it, quickly. And bring theez young man with you."

"What?!" George and the boy (Cameron) chorused.