25

15/04/2001
The Rousseau's Residence, Kingswear, Devon - Weasley's Wizard Wheezes, Diagon Alley, London
¬

[ m i d n i g h t    g e t a w a y ]

"PSST... PSST, ELLIE."

Elinor stirred on her bed.

She was still prancing around in her dreamscape, with sunflowers, green grass, butterflies, and George Weasley.

"Ellie!"

Elinor's eyes snapped open and she sat up, clamping her mouth with both hands to suppress the scream from erupting out of her lips. She took a few seconds to calm herself down, all the while glaring at the unwanted intruder.

It was like she puked George Weasley out of her mind. No matter the state of her consciousness, he was there.

"What—" she cleared her parched throat and whisper-yelled, "What are you doing here?!"

"Come on, I'm taking you somewhere."

She took her phone from the nightstand and flipped it open. 00.02, 15th April 2001.

"George, it's midnight!"

"And tomorrow's a holiday, so you can sleep in as much as you want."

"That can never happen in my family."

"Speaking of which, do you think your parents or Ezme will realize that you're gone for the next few hours?"

"Yes! Maybe, I don't know."

"Come on, let's go."

"At least let me dress first," Elinor crossed her arms, "I'm not decent."

"O— Oh, are you not wearing pants?"

"I— I am!" Elinor stuttered, clearly embarrassed. Thankfully the lighting was dim so he couldn't see how red her cheeks were. "It's just... short. Close your eyes for five minutes."

George sat down on the sofa and buried his face in his hands, "One... Two..."

"If you peek, I'll kill you."

"...Three... Four... Five..."

Elinor sighed. She jumped out of bed and went to the bathroom.

She tied up her hair, put on a bra, slipped into a thick wooly sweater and a pair of black jegging. She washed her face and brushed her teeth to freshen up before walking out.

"Ten minutes," George said judgingly, "You said five."

"Here's a tip: when you visit your girlfriend, go through the front door, preferably not when she's sleeping, and not in the middle of the night."

"Where I'm taking you, it has to be in the middle of the night. Close your eyes."

Elinor sighed audibly for him to hear then closed her eyes with her palms. She felt his arms tight around her waist and the now-too-familiar sense of Apparition.

When she opened her eyes, she found herself in an empty bedroom. There was not much to see around here —just a plain old messy bed, a cupboard, a nightlamp on the nightstand. The light was off, but she could see the full moon, spilling its glowy beams through the window.

"This is... my room."

Elinor felt George placed both of his palms on her shoulders and steered her out towards the hallway, which was completely barren except for a seemingly-out-of-place sofa.