10

22/02/2001
In the middle of the road - Pop's Diner, Kingswear, Devon
¬

[ f i r s t   d a t e ]

"WHY 'DATE'?"

Elinor pursed her lips, "I mean..."

"I'm not going to stop trying to convince you for three months, so just consider me as a new, very annoying but handsome and charming friend."

Elinor threw him a questioning glare.

"And, I figured, the only way for your family to let us spend some time together out of their sights is by saying we're dating."

The two of them walked along the Kingswear pier towards Pop's Diner. It was a 24/7 eatery with Grease's baby pink and blue vibe, selling the best milkshakes Elinor had ever tasted. Pop's was a pretty crowded restaurant, especially during dinner rush, so nobody should be able to overhear their conversation.

"Look, Monsieur Weasley—"

"George. Just drop the honorific. I even call you Ellie."

"I never give you permission to call me that."

George threw his head back and groaned, "Why are you making this harder than it already is? Fine, let's start over."

He jogged forward so he was standing in front of her and continued his journey backwards. "Hi, nice to meet your acquaintance, suicidal girl."

"I am not suicidal."

"My name is George Weasley. I am twenty-two years old, turning twenty-three on April 1st. I have a pretty big family —you've meet some of them. Especially my mother. We are initially a family of nine, but now there's ten of us, because my brother Fred died and Mum took in two orphans into the family; Harry and Teddy Lupin. Your turn."

Elinor stammered, "M— Me?"

Jitters crept up her stomach and she pressed her lips together. "Weasley, I really don't want to associate myself with magic again."

"Why?"

"Huh?"

"Why don't you want to associate yourself with magic?"

"I just don't."