15

04/03/2001
Exeter Airport, Clyst Honiton, Devon
¬

[ p h o n e ]

"WAIT, WAIT!"

"WAIT, WAIT!"

Elinor hurriedly hopped down from the Rousseau's mustard colored Chevy and gave Ezme another tight hug.

Ezme, clad in a chic denim miniskirt, matching jacket, ugg boots, and sunglasses, returned the hug with twice her force. The legendary pink suitcase stood on her left.

She had another drawing offer from Bottega, this time in Jakarta, Singapore, then Bangkok. It would be a longer trip than usual.

"Call us when you get there."

They let go of each other and Bielle stepped in, fixing her collar. "Now, if you find Indonesian food unappetising—"

"I eat anything, Ma. I'm a true omnivore. Ellie's the picky one," Ezme interjected, "I want to try their local food, actually."

"Oui," Bielle nodded and planted a kiss on her cheek, "Of course you are. Take care, mon chéri."

Ezme moved as if she was really about to leave, but she turned around last minute and ran into Cameron's arms (more like pounced), giving him another long hug and kiss before excusing herself. "I have to run and catch my flight. I'll call when I land. À bientôt!"

The four remained on their spots until Ezme safely went through the airport's security check and disappeared behind the pillars.

"Let's go," Cameron announced. He placed his palm on Bielle and Elinor's back, guiding them back into the car.

Once their seatbelts were strapped, Etienne pressed his foot on the gas pedal and asked, "Any plan, Cam? How 'bout we eet together?"

"Sure," Cameron said, "Do you have a place in mind?"

Suddenly, Elinor's phone rang. She flipped the screen open and saw a text message from an unknown number.

Ellie 'Suicidal' Rousseau?

Elinor frowned. There could only be one being in this whole universe who would call her that. So she typed back.

...George 'Blackmail' Weasley?

Blackmail? I always offer you choices to voluntarily choose from!

You have a phone?

Ezme almost had a heart attack when I told her I don't have one. Literally