17

17/03/2001
The Burrow, Ottery St. Catchpole, Devon
¬

[ g i r l f r i e n d   p t . 1 ]

"HOW DID IT HAPPEN? YOUR ADOPTION— HOW DID YOU GET ADOPTED?"

[ Molly, Arthur, and Percy watched the two figures in the darkened lawn, sitting side-by-side with their knees pressed against their chests through the window.

"Mum, are they dating each other?"

"They said they're friends," Molly sighed dreamily, "Now that you say that, dear, I hope they are."

"They certainly act like it."

"Wait a minute," Arthur frowned, "Doesn't George have a girlfriend? Angie... Angelina?"

"Right!" Molly exclaimed, feeling bad that she had completely forgotten about her son's real girlfriend. "Right..." ]

"Can you keep a secret?" Elinor asked half-teasingly.

"Of course! I'm a great secret keeper," George said. He extended an arm and lifted up his pinkie, "This is how Muggles seal their promises, right?"

"How do you know that?"

"Us Weasleys know a lot of things. We're just very knowledgeable," He cracked a grin, "Have you met my father? The real question is how can we not know?"

Elinor chuckled as she lifted her arm as well and intertwined her pinkie with his.

"Sealed," George announced when their thumbs touched one another, "You can tell me now. I'll take this secret to my grave as long as you keep mine."

"D— Devon..." Elinor began, "...was my mother's hometown. She was a Muggle, and she was... killed. By D— Death Eaters."

All the words she had securely locked within her scarred heart spilled out of her lips.

"I'm sorry."

"It's... okay, I guess. Feels like a really long time ago. After the, uh... The Battle, I just wanted to... To leave and go somewhere peaceful."

"So you came here?"

"I went to the port once with my parents— my real parents, when I was a kid, and I thought it would be the perfect, picturesque landscape to go to. I just A— Apparated here without any plan. My mind was all over the place... I got here right on time to watch the sunset, and I remember thinking that I made the right choice. It was really beautiful."