16

12/03/2001
The Rousseau's Residence, Kingswear, Devon
¬

[ f a m i l y ]

"SO, GEORGE, YOUR MOTHER LIVES IN DEVON. WHAT ABOUT YOU?"

You know how two people just hit it off, even though they didn't know each other well before? Elinor never even imagined that the said scenario could happen in her life, moreover with George freaking Weasley.

But it certainly did, and the dates happened a few more times until their unusual relationship intrigued their respective families.

Elinor finally invited George over after a lot of pressure from Cameron and Etienne. Too bad Ezme was still overseas. She had called home multiple times to voice her disappointment for setting up a breakfast date without her.

George casted Elinor a glance before answering Bielle's question, "I live in London. I have my own place."

"Oh, we didn't know," Bielle said, "I'm sorry to call you over this far just for breakfast."

"It's alright. I want to come," George said with a grin. He really did know his way around flattering words.

"And what do you do for a living?"

"If this is breakfast, why are you interrogating him?" Elinor interjected.

"Hush, Ellie," Cameron said solemnly, "If he's going to be a part of this family, we have to make sure that he's... not sketchy."

"A part of— Cam! We're just friends!"

"Hush, Ellie," George said this time, earning an extra point from Cameron, "It's okay. I own a company there."

Elinor widened her eyes at George in alarm.

"It's a toy manufacturing thing, and we supply anonymously for a lot of other shops. I really hope I can take you there to look around, but it's confidential."

"That eez brilliant, son!" Etienne complimented, "At such a young age! 'Eez it inherited or built?"

"Built, circa 1997. It's new, but business is pretty well. My flat is actually above it."

"Whoa, you're loaded, then?" Cameron said in awe, "You're a CEO?"

"Loaded is subjective," George said, "But I guess I'm decent enough."

"Good, good! Ellie won't starve, then."

"Papa!"

Elinor suppressed a surfacing smile, but when George winked at her, she couldn't help the laughter from bubbling out of her lips.

☆★☆

17/03/2001
The Burrow, Ottery St. Catchpole, Devon
¬

"THIS IS REALLY GOOD, ELINOR!"

When Elinor's turn came to visit, George decided to take things slow and exposed her only to the Burrow's permanent residences.

"Thank you, Arthur," Elinor said sheepishly, "But Molly made this. I'm just here to help."

"What's this called again?" Percy asked.