37

01/05/2001
Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes, Diagon Alley, London
¬

[ g a t h e r i n g   p t . 1 ]

"ELLIE, ER... LISTEN."

"What is it?" Elinor set her drink down onto her lap and looked at George intently. They were sitting on a window sill that led to the third floor's balcony (behind the mechanical Weasley, where George told Elinor that she was the person he was most comfortable with), enjoying the night's breeze.

The latter shifted in his seat, "Do you know... what tomorrow is?"

"Yeah..." she nodded heavily.

Tomorrow would be the third anniversary of the Battle of Hogwarts —of Harry Potter's ultimate victory and a lot of deaths. Also her alleged birthday as an amnesiac Muggle.

"Every year, my family has this gathering... on the eve of the Battle's anniversary. I always hated it. You know, reminded me too much of Fred," George paused, "So, will you accompany me as my girlfriend and make it more bearable?"

"Since when am I your girlfriend?" Elinor raised both of her eyebrows.

"Since when?!" George exclaimed, "Since— Well— Since... I mean, I kissed you. Isn't that moment proper enough for me to start calling you my girlfriend?"

"Of course not! Cam kissed Ezme a few times before they made it official."

"You should know that I don't kiss anyone other than my official girlfriend."

"But you didn't actually pop the question!"

"Fine!" George groaned, "Will you be my girlfriend?"

"...Really?"

"Okay," He carelessly put his cup of coffee on the floor, clasped her hands, and stood up, jerking her along with him. He took a deep breath. "My fake girlfriend, Elinor Rousseau. Even though you frustrate and annoy me from time to time, like right now, at the end of the day, I find myself still drawn into you. I like you. I like how we know and understand each other's pain. I like how you open up to me about your problems and your quirkiness. I like how you make my days and nights easier. I like your weird eyebrows. I like how my family get along with you so easily."

"It took a long time for me to realize it, but you mean the world to me. I don't care if you're a Sif, a Goyle, a Crabbe, or even a Malfoy —and that's saying something. Whatever your name or your background is, to me, you are a kind, brave, beautiful, and weird young woman who fits me perfectly like we're a puzzle. And whatever hardships you or I may face in the future, I want us to go through them together. So, with sincere heart I ask, will you please be my real girlfriend?"

 So, with sincere heart I ask, will you please be my real girlfriend?"