31

25/04/2001
Emergency Room, Newton Abbot Community Hospital, Devon
¬

[ g r e a t e s t m u m ]

"SO, PLEASE DON'T PUT TOO MUCH PRESSURE ON THESE TWO MEN. IT WAS HER CHOICE AFTER ALL."

Ezme sniffed and circled her arms around Cameron's waist. She laid her head on his chest as he returned the side hug.

Etienne drew circles on Bielle's shoulder.

George had both of his hands stashed in his pants' pockets.

"If she wants more time..." Dr. Karev scratched his ear, "I know she's strong. But we have to do it really, really soon. I know it's a tough decision, but please knock some sense into the girl's head. I can squeeze in a surgery the day after tomorrow. In the mean time, we'll see if she suffered any neurological damage from the seizure and we'll give her more meds to help with the pain."

Etienne was the only one who could muster a reply, "Okay... D'ac, doc."

"You can go to her now, if you'd like. Dr. June just texted me. She said Ms. Rousseau is fast asleep now."

"Go home, Ma, Pa," Ezme said with a sniffle, "I'll stay for now."

"No, no, we'll stay, too."

"I'll stay with her," Cameron offered, "Why don't you take a shower, a short shut-eye, and come back with food for us later?"

Dr. Karev nodded in agreement, "We can only allow up to two visitors in the ICU, anyway."

"Jorge?"

"Yeah?" George looked up, "Oh, I have to make a phone call. I'll drop by her room later."

☆★☆

25/04/2001
The Park, Newton Abbot Community Hospital, Devon
¬

"WHO IS THIS— GEORGIE, IS THAT YOU?"

George chuckled, "Yes, Mum. I heard Dad bought a Muggle phone!"

"Yes! I never touch it, though. It's weird, don't you think? Owl works better."

"We can't talk to each other like this with owls. Muggles deserve some credit."

"I can use Patronus, or the fireplace! Anyway, why are you calling?"

George heaved a heavy sigh, "Nothing... What are you doing, Mum?"

He sat on one of the brick blocks that worked as the tall trees' gigantic pots. He looked around the small park, right in the middle of the hospital's complex, where numerous patients and their families were sunbathing with their respective IV poles or wheelchairs.