prologue

it was senior year. sasha was still bullied daily. she was convinced it was never going to get better, nothing was going to get better, but it was time to graduate. which meant it was time to grow up. when a scholarship was offered in portland, she took it. it was ways away from home which didn't feel like a bad thing. she wanted to leave all her pain here in los angeles which included her druggy mother.

her dad had pasted away leaving her to her mother, that's when sasha's life started to take a turn for the worst, but that was a story for another time.

she was going to college, they say college is where you discover who you truly are and who you want to become. sasha couldn't even think of anything she wanted to be. she was so mentally closed off that she didn't even trust herself.

but, she did know one thing. she loved space. she loved to think that her entire being was just a very small speck and that it's impact wasn't that important to the world. no, she didn't want to die, she just used that as a way to get out of her own head. if her life was so meaningless, it was easier to focus on something else.

she didn't even tell her mother where her college was because she knew she would follow her and that was the last thing she needed. she packed her bags and headed off to portland.

sasha didn't like to have high expectations or expectations at all, if you have no expectation, you simply cannot be let down. she was let down a lot, she didn't want to start off in a bad mood on her first day.

she sat on the plane looking down at the night sky. the clouds barley covered the city lights. it was almost like the clouds were shrinking. she watched as the plane flew further away from the clouds and smiled. this was the closest she would probably ever get to space, but she was fine with that.

it was very cloudy in portland. she loved it. no stupid sunshine rays that forced her to think about how sad she was. she was content with her life here, but she was a little lonely. she didn't even have a roommate and she certainly didn't make any friends in her classes. she kept her head down and never spoke.

it had been a month since she had started school at gladstone college. she had bought a bike. sasha would ride it everyday to what was now her favorite place. it was a dock that led to a beautiful bay of water. she would go there every chance she got.

it was always empty and quiet, just like her. until today, there was someone there. a boy. long brown hair, a subtle and devious brown eyes. he wore a leather jacket and tight black skinny jeans. he was sat down on sasha's rock reading a book she left there yesterday.

she sighed before getting back on her bike in order to get away when she heard him say. "hey, you."

a/n new book hehe. i have big plans. let me know what you think in the comments, please. this book is prewritten, so i'll be updating once a day.