[twenty-two]

seth sat in the waiting room along with his friends as they waited for news from the doctor. sasha had been in surgery for a couple hours and seth couldn't stop the negative thoughts from entering his mind.

he needed her, she couldn't die.

a man in a trench coat alongside a short woman in police uniform walked towards them.

"are you guys here for sasha banks?" the man asked as randy sat up first.

he didn't want seth to stress about the having to speak to the cops. he hated seeing his friend cry.

"yes, who are you?"

"i am detective davis and this is my wife and chief, melissa davis. we are here to ask you questions about what just happened." he said calmly waiting for a response.

randy looked to seth to see if he wanted to talk now or not. he nodded his head. he needed to do this for sasha, she deserved justice.

"yes, what would you like to know." seth said with a frown. he sat up as dean patted his back. detective davis sat down while his wife stood beside him. he opened his notepad before looking at seth.

"what happened when you first got into the parking lot?"

"i ran there because i was looking for sasha before, but i stopped once i seen her with her mother because her mother and her never got along-"

"what do you mean never got along?"

"well, sasha's mother is a junky. after sasha's dad passed she treated sasha horribly, so sasha came to portland to get away from her. she came here about two weeks ago, but disappeared after i told her to leave."

"do you know her name?"

"laura banks." he said sternly. he wanted them to catch her. he wanted her to suffer behind bars for what she did to his love. he wanted her to pay. "anyways, when i went to the parking lot, she was holding sasha very close to her, telling her what to say to me. when sasha disobeyed and yelled help, her mother stabbed her."

"oh my god." renee whispered as started to cry again. she hadn't asked seth the story because she knew it was probably a lot for him right now, but sasha was one of her best friends. they had become closer than she could have ever imagined she could get with someone in a school year. randy held her close to his chest as she broke down. he had never seen renee so sad.

"is that all?" melissa asked softly. her heart broke when she seen a tear fall from seth's eye.

"no, she uh-" he paused as he swallowed hard. "laura told her that she hopes she dies before taking off." he said as he bowed his head. seth ran his fingers through his hair as the detective looked up at his wife with sad eyes.

"son, don't you worry. we have everything we need to put this women away for years. she will not be able to leave portland, we will find her." he said confidently. "sasha will get justice, i can promise you that." he said as he shook seth's hand and he and his wife walked out of the waiting room. if they  were going to catch laura, they had to act fast.

seth and his friends waited a couple more hours with still no response. it was now two in the morning. seth looked at all his tired friends and sighed.

"you guys, go home." he said softly. they all looked at him like he was crazy. "seriously. i am fine here."

"you are crazy if you think we are leaving you here." charlotte said with an eye roll. "you can't be alone right now."

"look, sasha is going to be fine, i know it. all of us being sleepless and smelly won't change anything, seriously go home, i am fine." seth explained as roman starred into his eyes. he patted his shoulder with a nod. seth was serious, he knew sasha was going to be fine.

"okay." roman said. seth gave him a sad smile. roman pulled charlotte from her seat and to the exit. dean hugged seth quickly before heading out. renee kissed seth's cheek while randy nodded at him confidently.

everything was going to be okay.

thirty minutes after his friends left, the doctor approached seth. he took off his gloves and shook his hand with a smile.

"hello, i am doctor johnson, i was the one who operated on sasha. she is stable and is going to be okay. although, she will have to stay here for a couple of weeks until she is stable enough to go home. right now she is in the ICU on the fifth floor. i can take you to her if you'd like." he said.

"yes please." seth said eagerly. he couldn't wait to see her. he just wanted to hold her hand and feel her warmth because the last memory he had with her, wasn't the best.

"any questions?" dr.johnson said as they entered the elevator. he looked up at seth.

"uh yeah." seth said nervously. "is she awake right now?"

"well, she could be. she's going to be in and out of sleep because the  anaesthesia might be wearing off." he explained. seth nodded in response as the elevator doors opened. he led seth down the long silent hallway before stopping in front of sasha's door.

"thank you for all that you have done, doctor." he said as he went to open the door. dr.johnson nodded with a smile before leaving seth to enter the room.

he slowly opened the door with a deep breath to see sasha lying there sleeping. she looked so peaceful. she looked like she hadn't been in a near death situation because she looked like the same beautiful, peaceful girl that he fell in love with.

seth quickly, but quietly sat down beside her. he softly took her hand that was as warm as he imagined. he starred at her before fully breaking down.

the tears were both sad and grateful. he was grateful she was alive, but also sad that this had happened to her. he placed his head down on the bed as he cried hard, but yet silently.

sasha's eyes opened to see seth crying and her heart broke. she tried to speak, but no words came out. she slowly lifted the hand he was once holding and patted his head. he looked up at her with red eyes and a frown.

she starred at him silently. she grabbed back his hand and held it. he played with the ring he bought her until she fell back asleep.

no words were exchanged, but it was almost like everything was left better unsaid. seth sat back and let sleep take over him as well now that his mind was at peace.

a/n sasha's okay!! woo hoooo...quite happy with this chapter ngl.