[seven]

they arrived in florida earlier today. roman's mother insisted that they stay at her house instead of a hotel because she had enough room. sasha and charlotte stayed in one room while roman and seth stayed in the next.

"so, tanning time?"

"oh yes please." sasha squealed as she looked through her bag for a bikini. "i didn't think roman's house would be so close to the beach."

"yeah, me either, but i'm glad because i didn't wanna have to drive to the beach everyday while we're here."

"true." sasha said as she left the room to go to the bathroom. she put on a black bikini with short jean shorts. "meet me down there, char."

"okay, see ya."

sasha leaves the house after slipping on her flip flops and heads out to the beach. as she steps into the sand, she feels an arm wrap around her shoulders.

"hey, bestie."

"seth, you're soaked." she says as she tries to push him away, but he holds onto her tighter.

"you look hot." he says with a wink making her slap him in the chest. "you don't have to hit me every time i compliment you, you know."

"but it's just that much funnier." she smiles as she wraps her arm around his back while they continue their walk to the beach.

"come for a swim?"

"nope, i am here to tan."

"just once?"

"not a chance, daniel."

"hey! do not call me that!" he says before leaving her and heading towards the water. sasha pulled her shorts down and laid down on the towel she had spread out earlier. the beach was relatively empty, so she was a little more comfortable. she placed her sunglasses on and laid back with her hands behind her head.

"so, you really like her, eh?"

"well, how can i not. have you seen her?"

"i hope she feels the same," roman pauses as he watches the way seth looks at her. "one day."

charlotte comes out in a bright blue bikini and sits beside sasha. "hey, how's it going?"

"pretty good, i can feel my colour coming back."

"why didn't you just go home for the break? i mean, i love that you're here, but don't you miss your family?" charlotte asks as she lays down. sasha tenses at the word family. she hadn't a family in what felt like a lifetime.

"i guess."

"what, no siblings or anything?"

"no, i am an only child." she says as she flips over, so her back is facing the sun. charlotte hears her tone and drops the subject. she hated when people felt uncomfortable around her.

"i've been meaning to ask, why is your hair so bright?"

"well, i don't know. i just really like the colour purple, so i said why not. i feel like it gives me character."

"it definitely does, you are stunning."

"awe, says you!" sasha smiles. her heart was warmed by all the friendly people she had met here, they made her feel like she finally belonged somewhere.

"let's hope mrs.reigns cooks something big tonight, i am starving." charlotte says as she pats her belly making sasha giggle. sasha was about respond when she feels a wet head in the dip of her back.

"what are you two giggling about?" seth asks.

"you really just pop up out of anywhere." sasha says as charlotte laughs.

"hey! we both know you want me here?"

"do we?" sasha asks with a giggle. seth rolls his eyes while charlotte tries to spot roman in the crowd. "now get off me, you rat."

"i am not moving, so get comfortable." he says with a pout before closing his eyes. "your skin is so hot, wow, i am drying quickly."

"i hate you."

"lying is a sin, bestie." seth smiled before roman made his appearance to the group.

"sash, wanna go swim with me, we can take pictures!" charlotte says while roman plants a kiss on her cheek.

"yeah, sure." she smiles as she shimmys from under seth. "later loser and roman."

"i hate you!" he yells to her as she runs off behind charlotte. sasha takes charlotte's pictures first. she gets really good ones of her coming out of the water.

"these are amazing, sash." charlotte smiles as she exits the water. "okay, your turn."

sasha gets a couple before she goes under the water, then some of when she's coming out, then some more after she's out.

"your hair's naturally curly? unfair!" charlotte jokes as she runs back to the boys to drop of her phone. sasha continues to swim until the sun goes down. the four friends head back to roman's house for dinner.

"hey ma."

"hey, baby. dinner's on the table."

"thank you, mrs.reigns." seth says with a smile.

"anytime." she smiles before she goes upstairs to bed. she had made spaghetti and meatballs with garlic bread.

"yes, yes, yes." sasha smiles as she sits on the bench before sharing herself out some food. seth sits down beside her and grabs his own plate. he goes for the garlic bread with the cheese, sasha slides down closer to him. he couldn't help, but notice that their thighs were now touching.

he watched as she stole the bread right off his plate and expected her to move over, but she remained in the same position. seth smiled and ate the rest of his food quietly.

maybe she did like him after all.

a/n i don't know if i like this, it's pretty short