[eighteen]

this was sasha's first college party and they all knew that. she was the baby of the group, so the girls wanted her to feel safe and welcome.

"sasha, let's dance!" renee squealed as she and charlotte pulled sasha into the dancing crowd of sweaty people.

at first sasha was uncomfortable, she was unsure of how to move her hips the way the others did to the beat, but she caught on. and fast.

"hey beautiful." she heard from behind her, but she knew it wasn't seth's voice. she turned around abruptly looking at the man who was way shorter than seth.

"hi?" she said nervously. renee and charlotte were too caught up in the music to see what was going on.

"dance with me." he smirked, but sasha shook her head. he rolled his eyes. "whatever, always knew freshmen were prudes." he scoffed before walking away. sasha knew exactly who he was; karl anderson. she just never thought he was an asshole.

she sighed before exiting the house and walking up the hill. she sat on the swings alone, staring up at the moon.

seth was in the kitchen pouring himself a drink when he felt claws run up and down his back. he knew it wasn't sasha because she didn't have acrylic nails.

"hey baby."

"for the last time, i am not your baby." he scoffed at nikki. she was always bothering him. he was tired of it, especially since she made sasha sad yesterday.

"but you could be." she smirked.

"but i don't wanna be." he rolled his eyes before pouring his drink down the sink and turning back to her. "if you don't leave me alone, i'll get you kicked off the cheerleading team for harrassment." seth threatened before exiting the party in anger. tonight was supposed to be fun, but it was more frustrating than anything.

he walked up the hill and spotted sasha. he smiled before sitting on the swing next to her. sasha went to speak, but stopped herself when she realized it was him.

"oh thank god." she mumbled. she was starting to realize that seth was the only guy she had ever met who didn't make her scared or feel bad about herself. the only guy who she trusted her life with because she knew he loved her too much to hurt her.

"why are you out here?"

"i could ask you the same."

"touche, but i asked first."

"karl was being all creepy and then he got mean." she explained and seth rolled his eyes. he hated that people continuously ruined her fun.

"you're not thinking about what he said, are you?"

"well..." she trailed off.

"sasha-"

"he's not wrong. only a prude would dress like this. i really don't know what i was thinking coming out in this."

"it's your body, you can wear whatever the hell you want. that gives no man the right to assume you are asking for anything. besides, i think you look amazing." seth explains and sasha blushes as usual.

"why are you out here?" sasha asked him.

"nikki."

"ahh..i get it." she laughed before starring up at the stars.

"walk with me?" he asked as he stuck out his hand for her to take. she quickly stood up and locked fingers with him. the couple walked down the opposite side of the hill. the grass looked like it went on forever as they walked in silence, a comfortable silence.

"i love you." sasha says to him out of the blue. seth's head whipped to face her. he loved how she just said it like they had been saying it for years. he loved how she said just matter-of-factly.

"yeah?"

"yeah." she replied with a giggle. seth wanted to give her something, but never found the time. right now was the right time.

"hey sash, close your eyes and hold your hands out." he smiled down at her. she quickly obliged and he pulled the box out of his hand before he opened it. seth placed it in her hands and smiled again. "open 'em." sasha opened her eyes and looked at seth. "look at the gift, not me." he chuckled.

sasha looked down at her hands and gasped. it was a gold ring with a green emerald. sasha started to tear up.

"this ring symbolizes growth, peace and balance. when i am with you i am at peace, no matter what we are doing. i don't ever want it to end, you balance me out, you call me out on my shit and you never try to change me. since i have been with you i have been able to grow not only as an individual, but as a couple. with you i feel whole, with you i feel loved. sasha, i want you to be my forver. this isn't an engagement ring just yet, but this is a promise that there will be one, soon. this is a promise that i will continue to be your peace, i promise to continue growing with you each and everyday, this is a promise that my love for you shall never fade in the years to come. this is a promise that one day you will bear my last name." seth said as tears fell down sasha cheeks. she was speechless. she didn't expect this at all. "sasha, i promise you that my forever with you, starts now."

"i want forever with you too." she said. she snapped the box closed and hugged seth tightly. she pulled away and placed a passionate kiss on his lips. "this is the best thing that has ever happened to me." she mumbled as she sunk her face into his neck. he lifted her up and spun her around causing her to giggle.

"here, let me put it on." he suggested and she nodded. he took the box from her hands and opened it yet again. sasha gave him her hand and he slipped on the ring softly. sasha starred down at it in awe. it was the prettiest ring she had ever seen in her life.

"i love it."

"you do?"

"yes." she smiled. she looked up at him without saying another word. "i am so glad that i met you, i couldn't imagine my life without you, you know?"

"mhm." seth hummed as he held her in his arms. they spent the rest of the night together in silence, just enjoying each other's company.

a/n thought i'd do a couple soft chapters before drama hits again hehe