[twenty-three]

it had been two weeks since sasha's surgery and she was slowly recovering. her mother had stabbed straight through her kidney, which was hard to repair, but dr.johnson did.

she sat on the bed next to renee as she talked about random things that made sasha laugh. sasha was so glad that renee came to the hospital everyday just to tell her about her day because renee was sasha's best friend.

"so, how are you and randy." sasha laughed as renee painted her nails bright pink. renee blushed before looking up at sasha quickly.

"really good. we uh, we decided to get a place together off campus next year." she gushed as sasha smiled brightly.

"is he the one, nae-nae?" sasha joked. she had made that nickname up the first time renee had came to visit her in the hospital.

"i honestly think so." she giggled before closing the nail polish and laid down on the bed. "he's just the best. he makes me so happy."

seth nudged randy as they stood behind the curtain listening to the girl's conversation. randy slightly blushed at renee's words.

"i never knew love could be like this." she added making sasha hum in response.

"me either. to be honest, i never knew love at all, but i'm pretty sure it's not this perfect." she said before seth and randy couldn't listen to anymore without exploding in embarrassment. they pulled the curtains.

"hello ladies." randy smiled as he sat in the chair while seth took the one on the other side of the bed beside renee. "it's getting late." he added.

"yeah, it's almost eleven." seth said as he texted roman on his phone. sasha sighed as she looked at renee. she hated when she had to go.

"i hate this hospital." sasha sighed with teary eyes. sure she had seth, but being here in the hospital was a reminder that her mother hated her enough to injure her which always made her wanna cry.

"i will come tomorrow, i promise, babe." she said as she kissed sasha's forehead and climbed out of the bed and put her shoes on.

"i'll see you tomorrow too, sash." randy smiled before pulling renee out with him as he closed the curtains behind them.

sasha looked to seth and patted the now empty space in her bed. he chuckled before climbing in next to her. she cuddled into his side with a sigh. she wanted to cry. she tried to hide the pain she was in both emotionally and physically, but every time he held her, she just couldn't anymore.

"seth, it hurts." she mumbled into his shirt as tears brimmed in her eyes. "it hurts so bad."

his heart broke. he felt useless, he wanted to take her pain away, but he couldn't. all he could do is be there for her. he sighed and kissed her head.

"i know, baby and i'm sorry." he said softly as she started to cry. tears stained his shirt as he heard the soft sobs that she let out. he hated laura for this.

he heard footsteps as he patted sasha head softly, whispering thing to her to try and cheer her up. soon detective davis pulled the curtain back.

"good evening." he said softly before taking a seat. "i come baring good news."

"yeah?"

"certainly. laura banks has been caught and she is going to be trailed for attempted murder." he said with a small smile. "she will be facing fifteen to life."

sasha looked to the detective with wet eyes. "thank you so much detective, thank you." she said as more tears fell down her cheeks. she was finally free of her demon. she could finally move on and be happy.

she looked up at seth and smiled at him, genuinely for the first time in two weeks.

"enjoy your night, you guys." he said before leaving the room and closing the curtains.

"seth, did you hear!" sasha said loudly as seth nodded. she smiled again to which he smiled back. "i love you."

"i love you too."

"when i was laying on the floor, bleeding out, the only thing that crossed my mind is that i wouldn't get to do forever with you. seth, you're the only thing in this world that truly matters to me, you're my everything and i am so thankful that i met you because i honestly don't know what i would do without you. you are god's gift to me and i am so lucky that i can see that." she said before kissing his pink lips. sasha pulled away and laid her head on his chest. she could hear his heart that was beating abnormally fast.

"sasha, our forever has already started, you just watch."

a/n this is WAY shorter than usual, but i kind of like it. the book is almost over guys ):