[nine]

sasha and seth sat beside each other as usual at the diner sharing another cheeseburger meal. the only difference was now his arm was wrapped around her waist while one of her legs laid on top of his.

"how was practice?"

"great! my game is coming up, you're gonna come right?"

"is that an invitation?"

"yes."

"then yes, i will be there, you're number one fan." she smiled up at him before he pecked her lips. sasha blushed before looking back at the plate.

"you're so cute."

"stop." she said as she smiled into her hands. seth was always feeding her compliments that she didn't know how to take. it was something new to her, but she knew that he truly meant them which is why every time he even looked at her she blushed.

"but you are, baby." he said as he kissed her neck. this is how it had been since their first kiss. they were basically an unofficial couple which sasha was fine with. they were moving at their own pace.

sasha didn't even get to answer before he pulled her in for another kiss. a kiss that lasted longer than a peck. seth was very affectionate, even in public. sasha  didn't seem to mind as she didn't pull away. the diner always tended to be stray anyways, so it was just them in there besides the workers.

"look at my two love birds." dean smiled as he sat down in front of them.

"hey, dean." sasha smiled as she started to eat more of her food with a faint blush.

"where the hell were you during practice, couch was pretty pissed."

"who cares, i was getting busy with lisa."

"who's lisa?" sasha whispered to seth.

"i have no idea." he replied before looking back to dean. "who's lisa?"

"the head cheerleader? the one who's been in love with roman since freshman year?" dean explained, but seth didn't recall.

"hey guys!" roman smiles as he slides in beside dean. "how's it going?"

"and where the hell were you during practice?"

"i had an ache, couch said i could make it up tomorrow." roman shrugged as he stole some of sasha's fries.

"so unfair. i miss one day and my ass is on the line, but you miss a day and you can make it up? i swear to god that man hates me."

"he probably does." dean shrugs as he laughs with roman. the four friends talk for a little longer before sasha checks her phone.

"shit, it's seven, i've gotta go, my class starts in ten." she explains to them as she stands up.

"i'll walk you." seth says. "i'll see you guys in like twenty."

"okay, bye." roman smiles as the couple walks out. "oh he is so whipped."

"you should have seen them when i got here. tongues down each other's throats." dean laughs and roman joins.

"what class is this?" seth says.

"i didn't get all of my first choices, so now i take a welding class in the evening on thursdays and sundays." sasha explains as seth nods.

"that's hot. how about you weld yourself to me?" he smirks before it drops. sasha holds back a laugh as she shakes her head. "okay, i heard it, that wasn't good at all."

"nope." she giggled as they approached the building. she stopped and turned to him. "this is me. see you soon." she says as she turns to leave, but he grabs her hand back.

"what, no kiss?" he pouts as she rolls her eyes. she soon blushes as his lips find hers. the kiss was quick. "there, bye baby." he smiled as he seen her cheeks bright red. she turns to walk away with a huge smile on her face.

"that's your boyfriend?" her friend naomi asks.

"i guess so, yeah." sasha says before turning back to her friend. they link arms before entering the class.

"mhm he's hot." she says making sasha laugh. the class lasted an hour before sasha went home for the night. she took a shower and went to watch some friends when her phone rang.

"hello?"

"you really think you could just pack up and leave and i wouldn't find you?" she heard through the receiver. her eyes widened, her mother. the only person in her life who she never wanted to see again. "i hope you have a miserable life you, homewrecker."

a single tear fell from sasha's eyes. her mother had always called her that, ever since her father passed away. she heard one last thing before she hung up the phone. "just drop dead already, you were the worst mistake i ever made."

sasha couldn't even cry, even though she really did want to. she turned off her tv, left her phone on the kitchen table and headed to her room. she wrapped herself in a blanket and laid there defeated like she had always done back in los angeles.

she heard her phone ring multiple times, but never went for it. she laid there, numb.

a/n depression has made an unwanted appearance back in sasha' life. hands up if you can relate 🙋🏾‍♀️