Vanitas x Scared Reader

Requested by Asterville

Reader is both seme and uke. 
A Thunderstorm hits and reader gets frightened. Vanitas gives comfort.
__________________________________

(Y/n) was calmly watching his favorite show, (F/s). When the doorbell rang it's familiar chime. He got up and walked to the door and answered. There stood his dear friend, Vanitas. His cool and calm status stood tall and dominant. His golden eyes stared deeply into (Y/n)'s (e/c) ones. The lower part of his helmet acting as a guard and looking like a decor piece that complemented his armor. (pic above)

"H-hello Vanitas." (Y/n) cleared his throat and smiled. "How are you?"

"..Well.. You?." He low voice seemed cold, yet charming. It made (Y/n) turn a tiny tint of pink.

"That's good. uhm.. Wanna.. Wanna come in?" He offered. Vanitas nodded and gave (Y/n) a very small smile. (Y/n) stepped to the side and to let him in. Once inside, Vanitas sat on the couch and stared at what was on the TV.

"Can I get you anything?" (Y/n) asked. Vanitas looked at him and stared for a second.

"..No.. Sit with me." He spoke coolly. His eyes again piercing into (Y/n)'s form.

"O-oh.. Uh, okay?" (Y/n) replied. Then sat beside Vanitas as the show continued. They sat in silence. Vanitas seemed not to mind, but to (Y/n) it was awkward, very awkward.

It continued like this for about a few minutes. Watching the TV in utter silence. Until (Y/n) couldn't take it anymore and decided to speak up.

"So, uh.. How have you been?"

"..Fine.." Vanitas replied. His gaze shift back to him. "Ventus.. has been better to me.. "

"A brother's love is more important than what people think it is." (Y/n) said.

"He tells me he's not my brother.. still.. sometimes.. " He muttered "I used to tell him..  I was his brother to taunt him.. Hoping.. He would break and side with me.. As my other half.." He explained. Vanitas' eyes grew distant, almost sad. (Y/n) looked at him sadly.

Just as he was about to grip onto Vani's hand, finger tips almost touching its target, the TV blared.

"We interrupt this program to warn you about an upcoming high risk thunderstorm!  It is advised for everyone to stay inside and keep safe. The storm will be coming in fast, but won't be leaving as so. So we ask again. Please stay inside and keep safe."  The weather woman said.

(Y/n) looked at the weather news and paled. He hated thunderstorms with a passion.

"I can feel your fear.. " Vanitas mumbled. Tearing his gaze from the TV to the male beside him. (Y/n) pulled his hand away just as he felt his eyes.

"I.. I don't like thunderstorms.. That's all." He nervously smiled. "B-but.. With the storm warning, it's better if you stay here so n-nothing happens."

"..Will that make you feel better.. " Vanitas asked.

"U-uhm.. Yeah?"

Vanitas nodded and turned his gaze to the window. (Y/n) looked passed him, seeing that the so named storm was already seen in the distance as dark clouds rolled in. (Y/n) swallowed a forming lump in his throat. Vanitas looked at him.

...

Soon, much to (Y/n)'s displeasure, the storm came as quickly as predicted. The clouds were darker than he thought. The roaring of the thunder and flashes of light in the sky began to frighten (Y/n), but he tried his best to remain calm. Vanitas on the other hand could feel his fear and anxiety as the storm ran its course, over the house. The rain was hard and taunting.