☙Prologue❧

©️BornToSpark

Once the little one went to bed, she would always be wide awake.

Just like this night, when her head spun and her thoughts ran around and she just wanted to jump out of her bed and dance as wild as her little legs allowed her to.

No, the girl didn't sleep much at night. Because the night had always been more interesting to her than the day. At night the stars came out to play and the moon was wrapping her in his silver  light. She could make out little shadows in the darkness, imagine them to be fairies playing hide and seek under her bed, or giants taking a nightly walk outside her window, greeting her with a friendly smile when ever they walked by.

She always kept her window open, just in case they wanted to stop by for a chat.

Her tiny feet dangled ever the edge of the bed, a bored sigh leaving the little one's lips.

"Hickory, dickory, dock." She started singing, jumping off the bed, feet tapping against the cold tiles, "The mouse ran up the clock."

She wrapped her mother's big purple scarf around her small frame, starting to sneak out of her cold room.

"The clock struck one, the mouse ran down..." Her whispers got swallowed up by the darkness of the corridor, "...Hickory, dickory, dock."

She kept on humming the song as she walked though her parental home, scarf wrapped tightly around her, engulfing the girl in her mother's familiar scent. She recalled singing the song together with her mom, wanted to barge into her room and to plead to hear the woman's sweet voice again and again.

But she also knew that she shouldn't wake mommy up, because dad's said that mommy was sick and needed to sleep.

The small girl stopped in front of her parent's bed room, an exasperated sigh leaving her lips.

Mommy's been sick for such it a long time now, she really should come out and play some or else the little girl would die out of boredom, especially when she wasn't even allowed to leave the house.

Maybe this was the reason for the young girl's insomnia; her lack of friends and action during the day.

But, of course, she didn't think about this, because all her little head could thing of right now was wether she should wake mommy and ask her to sing a song.

"The clock struck one..." The girl mumbled, "The mouse ran down..."

"...Hickory, dickory, dock."

Startled by the unfamiliar voice, the girl turned around, eyes catching on a gentle pink glow coming from the living room.

If she was one thing for sure, then it was curious, so there was no doubt that she immediately sneaked over to find the source of the light, entering the living room almost silently.

"...Huh?"

There, on top of the dining table, sat a boy, around her age, with pastel pink locks, milky white skin and a pair of prettily glowing, pink wings, just like those of a dragonfly.