7

All of Jimin's plans of avoiding her got shattered when he saw a panting, red-faced girl rush towards him, heads of the other students turning toward that mess making a fool out of herself.

Jimin cringed internally, but otherwise kept a straight face as he watched her approach him slowly.

"Hey- Jimin!" She smiled, hair sticking up in all directions as if she's just gotten out of bed, or ran all the way from home - or both, "I wanted to ask you something. Since... since you just ran away last time we talked, which was really rude by the way-"

"No." Jimin cut her off quickly. He felt the pang in his chest as he rejected her, flinching with his entire body.

Not now

No

Y/N's cheerful expression fell, a frown quick to appear on her tired looking face, "Listen here asshole, I just wanted to know if we ever met-"

"I said no." Jimin repeated more firmly, now also turning around, leaving the desperate looking girl behind.

"Oh, come on-"

He jerked the door to his classroom open, cutting off her attempt of getting him to talk to her.

As soon as the door closed he let himself fall down onto a chair in the yet empty room, burying his face in his hands.

Now that they met again, of course, this thing started to form. This bond that was the reason why he got exiled from his home in the first place, that he swore never to commit to.

Fuck it, he wouldn't fall for this human.

He wouldn't fall for human in general, no matter wether they named him or not.

✝︎❦❇︎

After having yourself convinced that you indeed knew this boy, you'd eventually made the decision of asking him about it, because wow there was a possibility that your lonely childhood hadn't been as lonely as you'd always thought it to be - even if you made up the fairy part, but hey at least you did have a friend.

And even now, when you were staring at the closed doors of the classroom Jimin had just escaped into, your certainty that you knew him didn't falter.

Not after that... intense reaction he gave you. Because that very reaction showed you that he knew what you wanted to ask him and that he didn't want to answer it with a purpose.

But what purpose? Why was he so set on avoiding you all of a sudden, when only a day prior he didn't shy away from a fight with you?

You wondered wether something - a fight or some other incident - happened between you when you were younger, that you didn't remember, but that would've been only silly children bicker, right? There was no way he was still sour about something that happened, like, thirteen years ago, right?

This thought kept you busy the whole day, managed to make you unfocused during your classes and even your shift at the coffee shop.

"You okay?" Seokjin looked at you weirdly, watching your third hopeless attempt of tying your apron right, before he decided to help you out, "You seem a bit, uhm, off today."