Chapter 14

I started crawling towards the door. "Y/n what the hell are you doing?!?" The teacher whispered. I looked back at her and shook my head.

No, by opening this door I could endanger all my classmates. I can't do that to them. I need to go through the window.

I started crawling towards the window. Everyone staring at me. I went up on my knees. I put my hand up to the lock and twisted oh so carefully. It made a quiet clicking noise. Then slowing I lifted it up. I took one last glance at my classmates and left for Johnny.

I closed the window on my way out. Leaves crunching under me. I tiptoed over to the entrance of the school. Sirens going off in the distance. My heart was racing it felt like it was about to explode out of my chest. I crept towards the entrance of the school. Walking up the stairs.

Remembering all the times I had with Pony and Johnny on those steps. Johnny asked me out on these steps. We- we had our first kiss on these steps.

I walked up the stairs and saw the long hallway into the school. Loud gunshots and screams echoed through the empty hallways. It didn't feel real. It didn't feel real at all. It felt like I was in a movie playing a brave young girl. The only difference was I want brave. I didn't know what I was doing. I don't even know what I'm gonna do. All I know is that I need to be with Johnny.

My walked through the hallway. With each step my footsteps echoed through the halls. Johnny he- I closed my eyes, he was in English. I had to go upstairs. Upstairs was were I heard the gunshots.

Somehow with every step I took I felt safer. Like I knew I was gonna be with Johnny. Step by step I walked up the stairway. Step by step I was getting closer to Johnny. But a feeling over came me. The feeling that doesn't sink right. The feeling that someone watching you.

I stopped when I go to the top of the stairs. Every class room was up here with their blinds closed. It felt like how I feel all the time. Locked out. Locked out of the world I'm suppose to be in.