You Belong with Me

This is crazy. This is crazy. This is crazy.

Emma was chanting these words to herself as she stepped off the platform at Waterloo early the next morning. She had texted Char to cover her shifts for her while she was sorting out her life. 

After having planned her surprise with Harry the night before, the pair had decided that Emma would take the train to London and confront Theo. Harry was eager to help because,

'I love a bit of intense drama.It's like what you see in movies.'

Harry's statement was became even more real as Emma found it raining when she exited the station. Not having a clue what she was doing she hurried back inside and looked up Theo's address, which she had gotten from Harry, on her phone and decided she should try her luck on the tube. 

When she viewed the map, however, Emma was completely lost in the coloured lines, north bound and south bounds. Hurriedly, she googled the way, once again and purchased a ticket. London was a total opposite way of life compared to Newbury. People were rushing to get places, and Emma felt that she shouldn't stand in one place for long. 

Waiting by the tube platform, Emma was a bundle of nerves. She was picturing what she was going to say to Theo. Hi Theo, I thought about it and I've decided to change my mind. Oh, you changed your mind to, well ok, I'll go..' Oh god it was going to be awkward. It was one thing to get rejected on the phone, another to experience it in person. 

Just another experience.

She was finding this whole be spontaneous thing a lot harder without Theo. She was stressed, worried, and potentially lost. To make matters worse- there was no network on the underground. 

When the train reached its next station, Emma let out a breath of relief when she saw on the map that it was going in the right direction.

Who had any doubt, I'm a genius.

Once the struggle with the tube was completed and Emma victorious, the next challenge was finding the street and house. The rain was still chucking it down, resulting in Emma being drench within two minutes and she wasn't even at the street yet. The neighbourhood looked affluent with pretty houses behind secure gates.

After what seemed like an eternity, Emma finally reached her destination. The house looked the like others on its street, yet it felt like it was standing on its own. It felt like she hadn't slept in a week but the adrenaline that was pumping around her body meant that Emma didn't even feel tired. Instead she felt like a walking ball of nerves, with shaking hands and legs like jelly, she pressed the call button on the little box outside the fancy gate. Standing there in the rain, her hair plastered to her face, slightly shivering, was not how she wanted to look when first seeing Theo, but it was better than nothing.

'Hello?' Theo's voice always evoked nerves and warmth from Emma, no matter how many times she heard it, except maybe this time the goosebumps were from the raindrops.

'Hey, Theo, I know this awkward but could you let me in?' Emma shyly asked.

'Emma? What are you doing here? Wait, are you outside, for real? I'm so confused, hold on.' Theo's puzzled tone normally would have made Emma laugh, given how confident he usually was. 

The gate buzzed open and she hurried inside, wanting to see Theo as fast as possible. 

Was she really doing this? It was kind of too late to back out now. 

Her feet squelched in her shoes and Emma felt that they were like shrivelled raisins by now. Placing one foot in front of the other, she was trying so hard not to back out.

All of her fears, all of her nerves, all feelings of retreat vanished as soon as she saw him. There he was, wearing a large oversized hoodie, jeans and socks, already shivering from being outside. Theo looked cute as hell. 

Feeling the confidence once again, Emma marched straight up to the tall boy, so close that she could feel his body heat. 

'I'm choosing my terms.' She whispered before she stood on her tiptoes, wrapped her arms around his neck and pecked him on the lips.

It was so fast that Theo didn't even know for certain that it actually happened. Only by Emma's now red cheeks, could he believe it.

'Umm, I'm sorry?' Emma whispered in an attempt to break the awkward spell. Their foreheads were still touching, and the rain still pouring, but neither one of them wanted to go inside for cover.

'Are you sure you want this?' Theo whispered back, concern laced in his eyes. He knew what this meant.

'Do you think I'd back out now after coming all the way here. I'm exhausted. And sopping wet.' Emma chuckled, relieved that Theo wanted this as much as she did.

'Sassy as always. God I missed that. Right, cold, come inside and we can talk more.' Theo said as he ushered her into the house.

Upon first glance, the spacious house was clean with a modern feeling. The furniture looked expensive but the wooden floors and pale blue walls gave it a homey feeling. On the coffee table were books that Emma thought no one actually read, but she could see visible wearing with dog eared corners.

Never took Theo for such an avid reader.

Once towels were wrapped around them and mugs of tea were in their hands, Emma and Theo positioned themselves on the stylish sofa, Emma resting her head on Theo's shoulder.

'What was with the phone call. I thought you wanted nothing to do with me, if it wasn't for Harry..' Emma asked, she needed to understand Theo more and she deemed honesty the best policy.

'I guess I thought that I should be responsible for once, and realise that there was reason why you wanted to distance yourself from me. Fame and popularity, it comes at a cost. Something I didn't realise until after the band was big. It meant constant worrying about your image and your family, and I didn't want that for you. I thought that if I stopped it before it got anymore serious, when problems were already arising, then I could save you. Turns out neither of us are strong enough to stay away.' The explained, looking down at a wide-eyed Emma.

'I think it was too late the minute you witnessed my complete failure of walking. Can you believe how long ago that seems, when in reality it's only been a few weeks?' Emma questioned, smiling as she thought of the first time she met Theo. She looked up at Theo to see that he was wearing a matching grin. 

'They say time is irrelevant. Did you say Harry talked to you?' 

'Yeah. I don't know how he got my number but he basically told me to sort out my life. He made me realise what I actually want. He kind of reminded me of you. You always pushed me to do things without being bogged down by the details. You should thank him you know.He helped us out big time.' Emma said, nestling into Theo side further and trying not to spill her tea all over herself simultaneously. 

'The sod probably got annoyed at me moping around. That and he was fed up of me debating if I should call you. Both him and Max were.' 

Emma giggled as she realised that Theo experienced the same thing as she did. 

'Let's try Theo. I really want to try. Let's make it work.'