Kiss Me

'I'm just saying, if what is happening to you was happening to me- I'd be questioning everything. I mean what kind of idiot doesn't recognise a red flag where whenever they go out in public they're always hiding their face?' Arthur asked the night before Theo was about to arrive in Newhurst to Emma. 

Currently, Emma was considering how many different ways she could keep Theo away from her brother, considering the fact that Arthur was curious about his little sister's first boyfriend and the fact that he had about a million embarrassing stories about her, Emma was already tempting locking Art in his room for a while. 

'A person who likes to see the good in everyone,' Emma replied, handing a spoon over to Arthur as they started their traditional ice cream pig out. 

'I still think an idiot. How are we even related?' Art retorted.

'The better question is, how do I put up with both of you,' Char grumbled as she reached for the chocolate ice cream. 

'Very easily.' The siblings responded in sync. 

'And you wonder.' Char deadpanned.

'Ems, what time is Theo getting here? When can I meet him properly?' Art probed, eager for information.

'I'm not telling, the only thing that would come out of it would be embarrassment at my expense and that already happens enough.' Emma stated.

'You know I'll find a way....' Art said in a taunting manner.

'Besides, someone has to talk with him, you know- let him know that you're not one to mess with.' He continued, making Emma feel a mixture of endearment and stress and the idea of her big brother's 'talk'. 

'When do you go back to uni again? Aren't any of your rugby pals wanting to see you- I'd hate to deprive them- your annoying presence really must be spread equally.' Emma declared nodding her head in a serious manner but her cheeky smile betraying her true affection for him.

Honestly, after her phone call with Theo she just wanted everything to be lighter again, it seemed that they were always going to be shadowed by serious things and would probably have many serious talks in the future- and that's a good thing. Still, Theo meeting her brother properly was something that Emma didn't know if she was ready for, but then again, would she ever be ready for it?

The next morning, Emma was up bright and unusually early. Checking her phone she realised that Theo had tweeted-

'ONE MONTH'

Many were guessing what it could mean- one month until their tour? A clue for a new song? Some had guessed a one month anniversary and even then not many seemed to know what had achieved that duration. At least, until one fan pointed out the date of the article about Emma and Theo- sorry- Emmett's date. Many were now gushing at how cute Theo was and wondered how they were celebrating.

Did he plan this? Emma thought to herself as she got ready for the day. Theo was arriving at 11 and they were planning to go to the park to have a picnic lunch- somewhere not many people their age frequented. 

'I'm going out' Emma yelled up the stairs as she made her way to the front door.

'Be safe!' Art shouted back. 

'ART!' She cried in exasperation as she slammed the front door shut. Her parents were still in the house for goodness sake!

Happy one month anniversary, T . I'll be there in 10 xx- Emma

She texted as she made her way to the arranged destination. Immediately she got a response,

I'm already there xx- Theo