Just Let Me Adore You

Emma woke up late, later then Theo. By now she had gathered that he was an early riser- regardless of the hour he went to bed.

Making her way downstairs she found Theo in the kitchen, the kettle just being boiled. 

Emma coughed in the doorway to make her presence known,

'So I saw the tweet- ice cream for breakfast eh?' 

Theo chuckled, his cheeks slightly turning red as he remembered his previous tweet.

'It was the only way I could acknowledge that my dream actually existed.' Theo explained, in the hope of not sounding like a Romantic idiot.

'I thought it was sweet, and if it is any consolation, it made me to try with you. That and Char, and surprisingly Arthur.'

'Really? Your brother? I never thought that he liked me- not that I'm not thankful for what he did.' Theo hurriedly corrected. 

'Ummm, chocolate or vanilla?' Theo asked, eager to move on from this conversation as quickly as possible, pecking Emma on the lips.

If that was his tactic to get her to shut up, she would gladly make him uncomfortable.

'Hmm I could get used to this' Emma commented as Theo went to the freezer to retrieve the tubs.

'You know I never asked, what is with your obsession with ice cream?' Theo asked, genuinely curious. It was like this girls diet was 75 percent ice cream, 15 percent everything else. 

'I don't know. It's something only those with the calling will understand, you've obviously never experienced it.' Emma taunted, loving the banter between them. It was normal and lighthearted. 

'Obviously not' Theo smirked, chucking the vanilla in Emma's direction.

Despite her lack of athletic skills, Emma managed to catch it, opening the tub as soon as she could so that she could delve into the creamy goodness.

It seemed that the sleek yet somehow comfortable sofa had become the couples base in the house, as the majority of the time, Emma and Theo were nestled together.

'I want to play you something.' Theo stated, getting up from the comfy position to retrieve his guitar.

'Am I finally hearing the world-renowned singer. Wait hold up. Introducing, live from the living room, world-megasuperstar, lead singer of everyone's favourite band, Theo, wait sorry, Emmet Granger! And the crowd goes wild, Aahh, aaaah,' Emma lowered her voice several octaves as she imitated a radio host, cupping her hands around her mouth, swaying from side to side.

'Ha. Ha. Very funny. And you say I'm the nerd.' Theo responded, smiling at Emma's dorky actions.

'Go on then, I'm all pumped up for it.' Emma encouraged. She had listened to the band when she went on her internet stalk, but she had a feeling that Theo's performance was going to be completely different.

'Ok, I'm going.' Theo stated, strumming the chords on his acoustic guitar before taking a breath to sing,

'Can someone please tell me how to hold onto this girl. 

I'm so scared of losing her I can barely move. 

When I'm with her, I'm basking in the sun,

 before I was wandering with the lonely moon.

Everyone keeps telling me don't act so paranoid,

But how can I not, when if she leaves all I be is a void,

an empty shell of a man,