It's Nice to Have a Friend

Emma was beginning to regret her decision of not going with Theo to the airport. Packing up her things in his empty house felt strange. It was quiet. Very quiet. 

Her train was due to come in an hour and a half. As she finally managed to close her suitcase she thought back to the frantic mess her and and Theo had last time she left London. 

Ouch. That nostalgia hurt. 

Sitting at the kitchen counter, Emma decided that she would finish Theo's perishable food so that she wouldn't have to buy food on the train. £2 for an apple juice? No thanks.

The nagging thought that Theo probably would have bought it without thinking of the price made itself known- but by now she had become a pro at brushing off thoughts like that- or pushing them to the back of her mind and into a box labeled 'DO NOT OPEN.'

Whilst eating her nutritious and organic avocado on toast, Emma took to twitter to see stalk Theo at the airport. She swore that the 'Flamefighters' had eyes everywhere and could probably source and circulate information faster than any government agency. 

Sighing to herself, she closely inspected the man in the photo who she had seen in person just hours before.Deciding that she may as well wait at the station so that she would be sure she didn't miss her train, Emma cleared her plate and gathered her belongings in the hallway. Switching off the lights and locking the door, Emma breathed. 

Summer's over. Real life begins now. 

With a new found energy Emma even felt some small bursts of energy in her blood as she focused on what's to come. 

Her excitement was tinged with guilt of having pushed back her missing Theo, but Emma could also picture Char lecturing her about how her life doesn't revolve around him. 

A long and exhausting- not to mention sticky- train journey later and Emma was home. It was around four in the afternoon and upon entering her mum immediately started to offer her some freshly made tea and cake. Yep, nothing quite beats home.

During the cake Emma and her mum discussed how they were going to pack everything for her move to uni next week. The idea of meeting new people and a feeling of independence surged through her veins. In her mind she was picturing herself as a student and feeling like she was making the most of her life. 

Her phone pinged with a notification. Emma excused herself from the table and went to open it, only to be surprised by a cute selfie of Theo, Harry and Max all winking and grinning at the camera. Theo followed the message letting them know that they reached their destination safely and not to miss him too much. 

You really know how to not make a girl miss you, don't you? xx- E

Just gracing your messages with my angelic face ;) xx- T

Angelic?! More like demonic....E

You still miss this demonic face ;) T

Emma left him on read, not willing to give him the satisfaction of her flustered response. 

Instead, she opted to take a moment to squeal to herself. Luckily Art was already at uni so he couldn't witness and then tease her for it. It didn't stop her parents from giving her questionable and worried looks when she re-entered the room however. 

'What? Ooh, mum did you make a Victoria Sponge?' Emma calmly stated as if she hadn't lost whatever cool she had because of Theo, despite dating him for over a month. Any dignity and chill she ever had was gone- maybe it wasn't normal for her heart to still get a surprise anytime Theo did anything remotely cute.