You Know That I Could Use Somebody

Emma did not wake up in the best of moods the next morning. The pounding headache and the few memories of last night meant that she was barely functioning enough to make coffee. All of her muscles felt tight and she was on the verge of vomiting every time she tried to move. 

Her phone was buzzing but Emma didn't know if she wanted to answer it. She was vaguely aware of the fact that last night she practically screamed at Theo and shrugged off Noah. Checking her phone- after squinting at the bright light- she also remembered how the internet hated her for apparently cheating on Theo. Reluctantly she answered the call after seeing that it was Noah. 

Emma braced herself for the awkwardness-

'First off, I'm sorry for all the photos and everything.' Was how she immediately started the conversation. 

'Woah, chill out Em. It's all cool, apart from the lecture from my agent, I'd say that it was worth it- it was good. The real question is if you are ok? The internet is being pretty harsh on you right now.' And Emma could feel the concern and warmth in his voice- it made her instantly comforted. 

'Ehh, i got drunk last night and practically screamed from the rooftop my frustrations. On the phone. To Theo. And he hasn't texted me since.' She said, re-checking her phone for any missed messages. 

'Well how about we take your mind off of it and do something?' Noah suggested, Emma could practically see the smile on his face, like an excited child. 

'Do you really think that's a good idea- we were literally pictured together yesterday...' She hesitantly said, careful not to offend him but not thinking that it was the wisest idea. She didn't really fancy being slaughtered online again or her privacy invaded for other people to judge her incorrectly. 

'Didn't you hear? I live life on the wild side.' He cheekily replied, causing Emma to let out a combination of a chuckle and exasperated sigh- something which only Noah could provoke.

'That has to be the dorkiest and cheesiest thing you have ever said- wait no- your in movies- one of the dorkiest and cheesiest things.' Emma retorted.

'C'mon, just once.' Noah begged.

'Ok- tell me the time and place.' 

Fast forward two days and Emma was standing outside an empty building in an unknown area of London to her. 

Well this isn't dodgy.

Emma sarcastically thought to herself, wondering what Noah had dragged her into. A small part of her, however, was awakened that had only previously been discovered with Theo. She had missed it, Emma realised.

'Noah? Are you there?' She called out walking into the dimly lit entrance of the building. The parallels of what she was saying and a horror film was not lost on Emma. She just chose to ignore it.

And like in every horror movie, Emma suddenly felt a hand on her shoulder, scaring the living daylights out her. 

But before she could scream Noah's annoying face came into vision. Out of instinct and annoyance Emma slapped him on the shoulder. Hard.

'Ouch! Damn Em, did you have to be so harsh?' Noah complained, rubbing his arm where her handprint were was inevitably forming. 

'I'm sorry- next time you drag me to a creepy and abandoned place and make me think you're some kind of psychopath I'll use pepper spray instead, better?' Emma commented, the sarcasm lacing every syllable.

'How about a nice smile instead?' Noah replied.

'Now that's exactly what a pervert would say.'