Chapter 8

"That's a Screaming Death!," Hiccup shouts over the large dragon's roar.

The Screaming Death is a huge dragon. Darkmoon is about 3inches larger than it, but it is still a big dragon. The Screaming Death is an albino version of the Whispering Death. Instead of having rotating rows of teeth, the beast has three rows of sharp inscissors. Its eyes are red and it has large nostrils. The Screaming Death, is capable of shooting poisonous spines from its tail, unlike the Whipsering Death, that can shoot spines from all over its body. The Screaming Death has a super sonic scream that can disorientate dragons in flight.

Sapphire and the riders fly over to the albino beast, who shoots multiple blasts of fire at them. Darkmoon uses her wings to protect herself and her friend from the attack. She roars in outrage causing the riders to cover their ears and the dragons sway in the air from the super sonic roar.

The Screaming Death narrows its eyes and flies right over to Darkmoon and Sapphire.

"Sapphire!," Hiccup yells. He switches gears on Toothless's fake tail fin and they soar after the Screaming Death. As the pair gets closer, Toothless shoots a plasma blasts at the albino dragon.

The Screaming Death roars the takes off in Toothless and Hiccup's direction. They swerve aroind and try to oufly the the beast.

"Alright, Darkmoon. Shoe this dragon what your capable of," Sapphire encourages patting her best friend. Darkmoon releases a small roar and then flies up into the cloudy skies.

Once hidden, the hybrid dragon cloaks herself and her rider in the shadows. The shadows are perfect for an ambush attack, because it not only prevents a viking or dragon from seeing its stalker, but it helps to mask the scent of the dragon and makes it impossible to hear the stalker. Darkmoon and Sapphire are virtually invisible and undetectable.

The hybrid flies out of the clouds, still covered in shadows and glides behind the Screaming Death, who is chasing Hiccup and Toothless. Darkmoon unclenches her massive jaws and takes a bite at the Screaming Death's tail.

The dragon roars in protest ans stops to hover. It views its surroundings to find it empty, except for the five other dragons and their dragons. The Screaming Death roars again as it feels sharp inscissors against its lower jaw. It screams in pain. The albino beast does one attack move that it knows no dragon can escape. It releases fifteen blasts of fire into the air.

Daekmoon and Sapphire are swift fliers in the air, so they easily evade the attacks.

"It's incredible how, Darkmoon is such a swift and extremely fast flier, even though she's so big," Sapphire thinks.

"Lets play a game of Peek-a-Boo," Sapphire suggest.

"Has anyone seen Darkmoon and Sapphire?," Hiccup asks with concern, much to Astrid's dislike.

"Maybe, they scared and flew back to the arena," Astrid answers.

A plasma blast turns their attention back to the Screaming Death. The gang sees another blast strike the dragon, as it roars clearly upset, but no other dragon.

"Toothless?," Fishlegs questions. Everyone gazes at the Night Fury, who gives them confused glances.

"That wasn't...Toothless," Hiccup states.

"Then who or what was it?," Snoutlout questions.

Darkmoon hovers in front of rhe Screaming Death and drops the shadows, revealing herself and her rider. Screaming Death roars trying to scare the hybrid, but it doesn't work.

Suddenly, Darkmoon's eyes slit and she grumbles at the albino beast, who starts shaking itsnhead violently. It groans in defiance, trying to gain control of itself. Darkmoon roars loudly, causing the whole sky to shake. The Screaming Death stares at Darkmoon and slighly bows its head, before flying off.

The gang regroups at a nearby sea stack at Sapphire and her amazing companion.

"What?," Sapphire demands.

"H-h-how did you do that?," Astrid questions.

"Do what?"

"Calm the Screaming Death down?!," Snoutlout shouts.

The riders gaze at Sapphire waiting fot an answer.

"I have my dragon secrets."