Chapter 22

"I missed you so much," Valka whipers in Sapphire's ear hugging her. "Please don't leave like that again."

Sapphire hugs her back, feeling safe her "mom's" arms. She pulls back to look her in the eyes.

"Can't promise you anything. Sorry," Sapphire responses.

Valka sighs knowing it's true. She finally came to the realization that she can't keep her "daughter" from the outside world.

"I know," she chuckles.

Happy gurggling sounds make both of them turn to their dragons. Darkmoon and Cloudjumper are having a joyous reunion.

Unexpectantly, Darkmoon licks Cloudjumper, an equivalent of a kiss performed by a human.

The riders are as shocked as Cloudjumper is.

"Did you know about this?," Valka ask Sapphire.

"No."

Cloudjumper and Darkmoon ignore their riders and cuddle up on the ground.

Valka turns Sapphire with a meaningful expression on her face.

"Mom? What's wrong?"

Valka tries to hold back tears but they fail her. They srream down her beautiful face and it almost makes Sapphire want to cry.

"I'm so sorry, sweetheart. If I didn't take away Darkmoon you wouldn't have left."

Sapphire wipes away another tear that escapes Valka's eyes.

"But if you didn't, I wouldn't have discovered that I have other family and how much of a jerk Eret is."

Valka stops crying and she becomes interested in what has been said.

"Yes. I saw him again. But it's over. He found someone else and honestly I don't care. You were right. You always are," Sapphire explains.

"Other family?," Valka asks. 

Sapphire sighs. She advoids Valka gaze and then speaks.

"I have two twin sisters."

Valka gapes at her.

"W-who?"

"One is named Saga and the other is Heather."

"You don't look happy," Valka observes.

"I'm not! I didn't know I had sisters and then they show up!," Sapphire exclaims.

"Where did you meet them?"

Sapphire recomposed herself and calmed down.

"On an island."

"Well I would I like to meet them," Valka says.

"If only I knew where they were."

→→→→→→→→→→→→→

Months pass for the Dragon Family and things are going back to normal.

Sapphire is happy to be home and Darkmoon is, too.

She spends her free time with Cloudjumper when her and Sapphire are not doing anything.

"Let's go home," Sapphire suggests.

As they enter the ice structure Sapphire sees someone that she didn't thinks she would see in a long time.

Hiccup.