Chapter 23

"The hell is he doing here?," Sapphire wonders.

Guess there's only one way to find out.

Darkmoon flies in the direction of Hiccup. He is talking to Valka about something.

"What are you doing here?," Sapphire ask rudley.

Hiccup stops talking and turns to the face her. He gasp when he recognizes Darkmoon.

The black scales that appear to be metallic and huge tall figure. The dark purple eyes and the intimidating look in the hybrid's eyes that show power and dominance. The strong sturdy muscles that support four wings. The sharp spines running along her back. The long tail that has four tailfins.

Everything about the beast is hard to forget and Hccup only know's one person that owns a dragon as unique and rare as Darkmoon.

"Sapphire?"

"I asked you a question," she replies taking off her mask.

Hiccup is taken aback by this. Since, when was she this mean?

"I can ask you the same," he responses.

"I live here. Now. Answer my question."

"You know him?," Valka cuts in. She had stayed silent when Sapphire arrived but she is curious to how Sapphire knows her son.

"Yes," Sapphire answers bluntly.

"May I ask how?"

"You live with my mother?," Hiccup interjects.

"Yes," Sapphire says through gritted teeth.

Sapphire can tell another onslaught of questions are about to be asked so she she stops them.

"I met Hiccup while I was away on Berk. And yes I live with your mother," Sapphire almost yells annoyed,"No, we are not related in any kind of way. She found me and Darkmoon when I was 10. I didn't tell you I visited Berk, because you would have gotten angry. I left Berk because I wanted to go home. It was time. Anymore questions?"

No one speaks for a moment and then Hiccup speaks.

"Me and Astrid went to see that trapper again, Eret. He kinda looked upset and hurt, but also looked angry. Anyways, he told us about this man. Drago Bludvist? He is using dragons to create a dragon army. I tried convincing him that dragon are of no harm to vikings but before I could Dad stepped in. I flew off after he finished his rant. Then I got kidnapped and found out that mother isn't dead. So here we are," Hiccup explains.

"Now that jerk feels sorry."

"Sorry."

"Don't be. If I didn't run off I would have never met my mom."

"So do you like it?," Sapphire asks.

"Of course."

"Hiccup, I want to show you something," Valka says.

Hiccup turns to his (with Sapphire and Darkmoon tagging along) and follows her to a ledge where he sees a giant beast.

"This is the great Bewilderbeast. Evey dragon nest has its Queen, but this is the King of all dragons."

"This is the Icespitter? He's responsible for all this destruction?"

"He creates a safe haven for all dragons. We all live under his control at his command," Valka explains.

Hiccup stares in awe as the beast gets up and stands right in front of him.

In respect, Darkmoon, Cloudjumper, Toothless, Valka and Sapphire bow down to the mitghy beast.

A blast of cold ice hits Hiccup in the face getting in his hair. He shakes the frosty stuff out.

Valka chuckles. "He likes you."

"Wow," he says amazed.

"Are you hungry?," she ask.

"Yea, I can eat."

"Good."

After they fly out and eat Hiccup and Valka spend the rest of their time together with Sapphire in the back.

She feels like a third wheel now. Plus, she starts feeling an emotion that she has never had experience with.

Jealously.

She is happy for Valka and Hiccup but now she feels as if she doesn't belong with Valka anymore.

"Which I don't. So why do I feel lile this? I shouldn't even care."