Chapter 17

"Jody we were looking for you forever!" Edwin sighed.

"Oh Leonel?" Colette perked raising an eyebrow. "Did I intrude on something?" She covered her mouth giving a mischievous look.

"No." I said quickly.

"Yes." Leonel said at the same time. We both looked at each other and then back to them.

"Yes." I admitted.

"No." Leon frowned. We looked at each other again and cracked up laughing.

"So which is it?" Edwin asked confused.

"Yes of no?" Colette added on.

"I'd like to know." Edwin nodded.

"As would I." Colette smiled.

"Gosh you guys are so in sync it's scary!" I frowned.

"Don't try and changed the subject." Both of them said at the same time. They looked at each other with a glare.

"You're cute even when you are mad." Edwin spoke with a glare.

"You're cuter!" She blurted with a glare and blush.

"You're the cutest!" He blurted grabbing her shoulders. Then suddenly Colette grabbed his face and kissed him. I widened my eyes and held my hand up to cover Leon's eyes. I grab his arm and turn him around before removing my hand.

"PDA..." I mumbled, shaking my head.

"What does that mean?" He asks.

"Public display of affection." I nod.

"Is that such a bad thing?" He mumbles shyly, lacing his fingers through mine. I widen my eyes and look at him who's looking away.

"It depends." I mumble squeezing his hand in reply.

"I think I'm gonna give up on Eliza." He sighed.

"Really why?" I ask shocked.

"She always finds ways to make me feel like a pile of horse doo." He laughed.

"I'm sorry." I smiled squeezing his hand.

"It's not your fault. I'm so glad I have a friend like you to talk to." I don't know why, but I felt everything shatter. Friend...

"Haha yep that's what friends do!" I laughed snatching my hand and patting him on the shoulder. He gave me a weird look but smiled.

"I should probably go." I smiled gesturing to the two pretty much done with their make out session.

"I can go with you." He smiled brightly.

"No it's okay!" I protested and gave him a playful punch on his shoulder. His smile faltered but only for a seconds

"Well I was planning on going back too." He nodded.

"Oh okay." I nod. All four of us walk back together. Colette and Edwin chatted up as usual but Leon and I were quiet. He would occasionally try to spark a conversation but for some reason I just couldn't. I don't know what's wrong with me and why I am acting like this. I'm being so incredibly rude.

"I had a good time today." Leon nodded to me quietly.

"Yeah same." I smiled and quickly went into my room. Colette went somewhere with Edwin. My heart is aching. Why does it hurt so much? Friends yeah we are friends. Friends is a great word. So why was I so hurt?

-

I sat in class like usual. With a bored look on my face. I looked over to where Leon usually sits. He wasn't there. Elizabeth sat alone.