Chapter 3

[Alex]

It's first day and we're early for school. I headed towards the cafeteria with Sage since she's still asking where is Dany. I am also going to meet my friends there. They texted me that they are with their gilfriends so, I should be expecting to see Lauren there. And of course, Bobbie.

"Hey, Alex!" Yiel called out as soon as we entered the cafeteria. They are already complete. My eyes automatically searched for Bobbie and of course she's sitting beside her girlfriend. "Hi, Sage!" They all greeted my sister.

"Hey..." I uttered. I have to act normal as if I'm not hurting to see my love and my bestfriend together.

"Hi, Alex... come, sit!" Lauren greeted me and patted the space beside her. I felt everyone's eyes on me. Well, of course everyone knows that Lauren has a huge crush on me. I looked at Yiel who's trying to stop herself from laughing as well as Riley and Joey. Then, I looked at Bobbie but she immediately looked away when she noticed I'm looking at her.

"Come on, Alex. It's not like Lauren has some disease. Give her some chance!" Alby said and she pushed me to seat beside Lauren. Then, Lauren giggled and immediately snaked her arms to mine. I just hate how clingy she is.

"Yaaa! I have to go!" Sage suddenly spoke and bid goodbye. "By the way, you really look good together!" Sage added referring to me and and Lauren and winked us before she go. Sometimes she's really just not so helpful at all.

"You see that? Even your sisters thinks we look good together" Lauren giggled again making me cringe internally.

"Hey, it's already time!" Joey said making all of us look into our watches. Yes, thank God it's already time. I finally have an excuse to go.

"Yea, right! I should go" I said was about to leave when Ryley stopped me.

"Bro, we are in the same class" she reminded me. Jisoos, I just forgot we are in the same class so that only means that I need to stay and go together with them. We all took the same course since our parents are all business minded people.

We reached our room, finally, Lauren has decided to let go of my arm. I took the seat beside Riley, Yiel and Joey while Bobbie, Lauren, Alby and Roseann took the seats in front of us.

Lauren and Bobbie are really close together. The four of them are bestfriends since Senior High except for Alby since she's Lauren's childhood bestfriend. How did I know? Well, Lauren has almost told me her whole story through text. She keeps on texting me even I don't reply. She introduces everyone she knows to me because she said it is important that I know about her friends too. Silly, right?

"Alex, lunch together later?" I was startled at Lauren's question. She's the Queen Bee that' why she's a bossy bitch here. Well, except for me, she treats me very differently.

"Uhhhhh.... I'll have lunch with Riley, Yiel and Joey later" I reasoned out trying to avoid it.

"Man, I and Yiel has something to do later. We can't eat lunch with you" Riley answered.

"I also need to go to Professor Lee later, bro" Joey said.

Okay, looks like I'm trapped and dead here already.

"You see? Come and join us later! I'm just with Bobbie, Alby and Roseann" Lauren tried it again as she sees opportunity already. I was about to decline but my thoughts suddenly drifted to the idea of having lunch with Bobbie. It could be my chance since Ryley will be busy.

"O-okay.... yea, sure" I said as I accepted her offer and she giggled at the thought of it.

It's finally lunch, my friends already bid goodbye since they still have things to do while me, I'm stuck with these four girls.

"Hey, I'll just put my things to my locker, I'll follow you in the cafeteria later" I said, they agreed and left soon after.

I went to my locker and was surprised to see a container full of mixed fruits. It has always been like this since last year and until now, I don't know who gives me this. I smiled but shrugged it off. I need to follow them in the cafeteria.

"Hey I'm here" I said as I put down the tray of food in the table

"Hey I'm here" I said as I put down the tray of food in the table. Of course, the only space left for me is to sit beside Lauren.

"Wow, fruits huh?" Roseann chuckled as she saw the container of fruits in my tray.

"Yea, it's from the same person who gives me this since last year" I said nonchalantly.

"Really? Who?" Roseann pried.

"I don't really know yet. I just always see it in my locker every day" I answered.

"Okay, let's just eat" Bobbie cut us off.

"I want all of you to work in pairs for a research paper about a topic of your choice. Please listen as I group you in pairs"

"Ryley Kang and Yiel Kim"
"Alby Im and Bobbie Bae"
"Roseann and Joey Yoo"
"Lauren Kim and Alex Manoban"

Everyone squealed as we heard the pairing about this research. Well, except for me. I badly want to talk to Alby to switch up our pairs. She'll be with Lauren and I'll be with Bobbie but I was afraid it would be too obvious. I know I should distance myself from her because she's dating my bestfriend. But hell, I still love her the same way I loved her before.

"Hiiiiii, Alex... So, I'll see you later after class?" Lauren pulled me out of trance when she asked me. She has this genuine smile in her face. Of course, she'll be happy.

"U-uhhhh... I still have practice later, Lauren" I honestly said to her.

"It's okay, I can wait for you and watch the practice" she told me while giggling.

"No, Lauren that's closed-door practice" I told her.

"So what? It's not like they will prohibit me there or I'll fire them all" She laughed. Aish! This spoiled daughter of University owner.

"And I still have Sage waiting for me too..." I reasoned out even I know it doesn't make any sense.

"It's okay. Sage is nice. Maybe I could use the time to bond with my future sister-in-law" she chuckled making me literally facepalm myself.

 Maybe I could use the time to bond with my future sister-in-law" she chuckled making me literally facepalm myself