Chapter 19

[Lauren]

Pictures of your burned down car, crash, smoke

Pictures of your burned down car, crash, smoke. Those kept on flashing to my memory. Until now, your accident is hunting me. Until now, I don't want to believe that you killed yourself on a devastating car crash.

"ALEX!!"

And then I woke up.

"Hey, sis. Are you okay?" My brother worriedly asked me. I didn't notice that I already fell asleep in car on our way to Manoban's Mansion for the dinner.

"I dreamt of her again" I sadly said. My brother did not say a thing but just pulled me for a hug. "Hush now, Lauren. You will be fine. We will all be fine" he said while gently caressing my back.

It has been three months since you were gone but the memories of you still feels like yesterday. I was there when your ash were buried but I still can't believe it was you.

You cannot be dead.
You cannot leave me.
You promised me.
Don't you?

"I think I'm not yet ready to face her family" I blurted out to my brother. He held my hand and gently squeezed it. "You're still blaming yourself?" I nodded to him. Who else is to blame? She wouldn't be rushing that day if she didn't caught me with Ryley. If only I didn't agree to that plan of hers.

"You really don't have to. No one is to blame. The Manobans didn't blame you too. Nobody wanted that and I'm sure that Alex don't blame you too" he said trying to comfort me. I shook my head and wiped my tears.

I really can't forgive myself.
I will never forgive myself.

Manoban's Mansion

"Good evening, welcome to our home!" Mr. and Mrs. Manoban greeted us with all smiles. They hugged me so gently. That one you can feel that they really don't have any grudge on you. This is the first time in months that I have seen them again since Alex's death.

"Please come in, the foods were already prepared" Mr. Manoban said and lead us inside. I suddenly felt so hungry when I sniffed the delicious dishes that they prepared. This must be the reason why their restaurants in US were very famous due to their talent in this field.