Season 2: Chapter 13

[Lauren]

[Lauren]

"Good morning, mommy!" I just hummed in response and remained my eyes closed. Soon enough, I felt my skin being kissed by the sun. I blinked my eyes few times and recognised a familiar body of a tall woman. My love. She was only wearing her sports bra and her boxer shorts that made her look too hot, and even hotter than the morning sun.

"I'm still sleepy, daddy" I whined, she chuckled and sat on the bed beside me. "Come on, mommy! The kids will wake up soon. I'll cook breakfast!" She gently uttered. I smiled. Since I have been busy for work, Alex learned to do the household chores, I'm not surprised that she already learned to cook. She's been very responsible and understanding. She never neglected taking care of me and our twins even though she also works on processing the business she's been planning to do. She talked about it with me for so many times but I haven't paid attention to it yet, I was too drowned in paper works since I am now managing a lot of things about certain improvements that we are planning to put up in the University.

"Awwe, please? It's Sunday! Family day, right?" She pouted and those words were enough for me to move my ass. She's right, Sunday is always a promised family day and this is the only day that I have because I always work from morning to evening and even on Saturdays at home.

"I want a kiss, please daddy?" I traced her toned abs with the tip of my finger. "Yaaa! Mommy don't tease me! I need to cook breakfast for us" she laughed and I just slapped her arm. "I just asked for kiss, don't overreact it!" I said making both of us laugh.

"Pffttt! As if you're not moaning a mess last night! As if you're not screaming your lungs out with every thrust! ---"

"Oh my god, baby! Just shut up!" I cut her off before she can even mention more things. "Just kiss me!" I said.

She nodded her head and leaned closer to me when my phone rang, "Oh shit, it's the engineer of the University's new building. I need to get it baby!" I said, she sighed deeply and pulled away. "I thought you want a kiss?" She asked in her saddest tone, I looked at her apologetically and was ready to give it up when she suddenly smiled, "Kidding! It's okay, mommy! Take it!" She said before standing up and preparing to go out.

"Sorry, baby!" I said.

She stopped in her tracks and faced me again, "It's okay mommy. I understand" she said, and smiled beautifully.

How could I ever be so lucky?

I dismissed the conversation with the engineer as early as I can. He's been discussing a lot of problems we are encountering in building new facilities for the University and I was so fed up that I didn't notice it was already 30 minutes since Alex left the room. I cannot focus at work anymore, I miss the kids, I miss her. And I know I have to make it up to them big time.

After fixing the bed, I immediately went downstairs where I heard a kiddie song being played inside the house, surrounding the whole room with loud sounds. I peaked down and almost laughed when I saw Alex dancing like a giant dork to the baby shark song while Gabbi and Louise are just watching her, emotionless. And I know what she's doing, she's trying to make the kids laugh but they sadly don't.