Chapter 16

[Alex]

I already have the large bouquet of flowers with me, ready to give it to the most beautiful girl. I passed by the students who are already giggling and eyeing me right now. I wanna see my Lauren. I miss her already even if we just saw each other last night.

I was approaching our classroom already when someone pulled my arm.

"Hey!" I snapped at the person and was about to get a bit mad when I recognized it was Joey.

"Hey! Joey, what's up?" I asked her casually.

"Bro, you looking for Lauren?" She asked.

"Yea" I briefly answered while smiling widely.

"Alex..." she stopped, she looks like hesitating. "I don't know if I am in the position to tell you this ... but... ahmmmm" my heart started to beat faster as I got so nervous on what is she about to say.

"Lately, I've been seeing Lauren and Ryley together more often" she stated.

I felt a pang in my heart as I heard it.

"And I always see them hiding away from us. They always go to secluded places or anywhere with less people" she continued. "I'm not saying she's cheating on you, but... I think you have to confront her about this" she tapped my shoulder before going.

What? My girlfriend and my bestfriend?

I tried to shrug it off. I won't believe it unless it came from her or I see it with my two eyes. I know Lauren won't cheat on me. She loves me so much.

I walked faster to reach our room. I passed by one of the locker areas then, something caught my attention. I stopped in my tracks, I feel so nervous. No, it cannot be you Lauren.

I stepped back a few inches and turned my head to the direction of two girls that I recognized with my peripheral vision.

I looked at them...

And yea, it's Lauren...

And...

Ryley.

"Alex..." Lauren's eyes widen as she saw me.

"What the hell is this?!" I asked her with so much anger.

"I-It's not what you think, baby!!" She walked towards me and was about to hold my hand but I dismissed it.

"Don't touch me..." I said with disgust, "You were accusing me of cheating but then you are the one doing so? And with my bestfriend?! You know what, I think Joey is right" I snapped at her before walking away. She's been calling out my name but I didn't look at her. My tears started to run down my cheeks badly. So this is how it feels to be cheated on? With your bestfriend?

I ran out of the school, get in to my car, and drove away as fast as I could. I was crying a mess. I am badly hurt. I kept on slamming my hands on the steering wheel as my head keeps on reminding me of seeing Lauren and Ryley together.

My visions get blurred as tears continuously escape my eyes. I stepped on the gas pedal and sped off.

 I stepped on the gas pedal and sped off