Season 2: Chapter 8

[Lauren]

"Lauren! Lauren! Please let me explain!" Alex kept on knocking at my car door as I drive away from her. I don't wanna see her and hear her lies. What I've witnessed is a whole ass truth that doesn't even require any explanation anymore and I hate to admit that I didn't even see it coming.

She's been extra sweet these past few days, she even give me surprises whenever she comes home from school and all of that, I thought were just natural for her.

But I was wrong. I never thought she's doing it just because she's hiding something from me.

"Baby, please! It's not what you think.. Hear me out! Please" she's already crying a mess. She holding on to my car forcefully just to stop me. I turned off the engine again and went out.

"Then it's what? It was an accident? That she accidentally straddled on your lap? you accidentally ripped her top and your hands accidentally landed on her waist and breast while she's grinding on you?! For goodness' sake, Alex!! Don't make me a fool!!" I hissed making her stop in her tracks.

"I-I'm sorry... I didn't mean t---"

"That's bullshit!!" I cut her off making her flinch as tears kept on crippling down her cheeks.

"Don't come near me again, Alex!" I said before openning the car door. "And never near the kids again" I said in finality as I rushed away, leaving her in tears outside the school.

 "And never near the kids again" I said in finality as I rushed away, leaving her in tears outside the school

"Hey, bi-----"

"Dress up my twins, I'm packing their things" I cut Alby off as I rushed upstairs and put our clothes to luggages.

"What are you doing? What happened?" Alby followed me while eyeing me suspiciously.

"Me and my kids are leaving" I said.

"What? Why? What happened?" She asked continuously but I didn't mind responding at all. I finished packing our things and set it all off the car's trunk.

"Where do you plan to go? I'm coming with you!" Alby said. She kep on following me wherever I go.

"Airport" Maybe it is good to leave this country for a while. I sighed as I wiped my tears. Alby didn't pry for more. She knows me better. She won't pry because she knows I'll tell her everything as soon as I am ready.

And then there's Sage, "Lauren unnie, I don't know why you're doing this but I get it, maybe my sister did something terrible. I don't want you and the kids leave but----"

"I'm really sorry, Sage. I will tell you wherever we'll go but please promise me not to tell Alex about it" I pleaded her. I know I can't keep the kids away from her. Sage is the best Auntie the kids could ever have, and she's been good to me as well.

"I'm really sad, but you can go now before my sister arrives. She'll surely not let you go. I know this is a betrayal for my sister, I should be helping her. But the way you're crying now, I bet she fucked up big time" Sage said making my heart melt. We bid goodbye and finally hopped in the car.