Season 2: Chapter 11

[Lauren]

[Lauren]

"Good morning, big baby! Come here, I cooked breakfast" I squealed delightfuly as soon as I got a glimpse of my sleepy wife while she's marching down the stairs of our house. It's been a while since she joined breakfast with me. She's always rushing for school to fix some schoolworks and requirements for their upcoming graduation.

"Good morning, mommy!" She responded as she made her way towards me and backhugged me. My heart jumped happily when I felt her arms around me. It felt like it's been thousands of years since the last time I felt her act sweet with me. "I love you" I suddenly uttered creating an awkward silence between us.

"I love you too, so much" she murmured while burrying her head at the back of my nape. "Please don't get tired of me, mommy. I love you and the kids so much!" Her words made my heart ache badly. Why does it feel like something is wrong? Why do I feel like something is going on with her?

I fixed the last batch of fried bacon that I cooked and set off the fire in the stove before I turned to face her, "I will never, just promise me to always be honest with me... Please, no secrets" I said and that's when I saw her eyes watered. "Hey, are you crying? Is there something wrong? Come on, tell me" I cupped her face and made her face me again. I wiped her tears with my thumb gave her an assuring smile. "Nothing baby, I'm just... I'm just so emotional right now. I missed you a lot and I wanted to get things back to normal again... that's all" she said as she tries to stop herself from crying.

Back to normal? What does she mean 'normal'?

"Are you okay? Are you struggling with something? Come on... you can tell me everything baby. I'm your wife and whatever your problem is, will be my problem too" I looked deeply to her eyes as I search for the answer. She looks hesitant and scared and I don't know if I should blame myself for drowning to work that I already neglected my duties as her wife.

"Baby...." she uttered and I just waited for her to continue. I don't know why I have this uncomfortable feeling of whatever she will say but I wanted to know it anyway.

"Good morning, bitches!!" We both startled when Alby and Sage suddenly barged in to our house. Argh! This couple and their never ending moment interruption! They always interrupt when Alex and I have some alone time together and it's starting to piss me off. If it weren't only because Alby is my bff and Sage is my sister-in-law, I would've broken their necks already.

"Nice timing again, A!" I playfully rolled my eyes on them making them laugh. Sage and Alby are always coming over here to get some breakfast whenever Sage doesn't have school.

And they are a couple now, by the way.

"Just do your nasty things in the bed at night, not a sex-in-the-kitchen the morning!" She retorted. I grabbed the tissue roll near me and threw at her making her laugh.

"I----... I'm just gonna go and get some shower. I still have school" Alex said making us look at her. "Yah! No school today, dorky!" Sage said making me look at my wife suspiciously. "Uhhh---- I still have some research to do for the theories!" She stuttered.