CHAPTER 1: VOWS THAT BIND US

Ava Anderson

Beep...beep...beep... my alarm went off waking me awake from my peaceful slumber. It was 6:00 a.m., light sun rays were peeking through the curtains, Yawning, I sat up straight on my bed and rubbed my eyes. Stretching my limbs, I got up from my alluring bed and moved towards the giant windows, I removed the curtains and opened the door. Stepping outside in the attached balcony, I breathed in the fresh morning air. Once I was done I made my way towards the bathroom and after doing my morning routine I was changed into my gym wear and headed towards my gym room. I wasn't the kind of girl who would stay fit after eating any and everything that's delicious. Actually I am the opposite.

After around an hour of exercise, I took a cold shower and dressed up in a white top combined with white blazer and a pair of black ankle length jeans. Satisfied with my look, I grabbed my accessories and headed downstairs.

Just as I reached in the living room, the door-bell rang, I strolled towards the door and unlocked it to reveal Sofia (40 years old, caretaker of the house and also a very kind lady) followed by Hailey & Emily (19 years old, house cleaners and my ...

Just as I reached in the living room, the door-bell rang, I strolled towards the door and unlocked it to reveal Sofia (40 years old, caretaker of the house and also a very kind lady) followed by Hailey & Emily (19 years old, house cleaners and my friends too).

"Good morning Sofia, Hailey & Emily." I greeted them all with a warm smile.

"Good morning Ava." They all greeted me back with the same graceful smile.

I stepped aside letting them in and made my way towards the kitchen with them following me close behind.

"Have a seat everyone, I'll make us some burnt omelets and tasteless cup of coffees." I enthused.

They all laughed at my lame joke.

"Oh honey ! we all know, what a great cook you are." Sofia said with her contagious smile.

"She's right." Hailey added.

"You're the best." Emily cheered, as well. 

"Why, thank you guys."

"I'll make you some fresh juice till then." Sofia said. I smiled.

By the time, we all had our breakfast it was 7:45 a.m.