CHAPTER 17 : VOWS THAT BIND US

Zach Knight

"Pass me..pass me.." Kid yelled in the loudest possible voice for him.

"Yeah, munchkin... catch." She gushed and threw the ball towards him. Kid missed it and ran behind the ball. Ethan ran after him followed by her. Those three were playing hand ball.

Emma and Sarah were changed into thier swimming outfits and were taking sun bath while Reece and I were sitting silently watching them while eating sandwiches.

"She is our life." Reece mumbled. My head snapped in his direction. His eyes were still trained on his family.

"Ethan, Ava and I had no one to call ours until we all found each other.
And we can do anything for each other's happiness." He added last part turning towards me.

"We know, that you both are facing some problems."

"And by we, I mean Eth and I. Anyways, what I am trying to say is put your differences apart and get to know each other. I bet, she won't disappoint you."

"Uhmm !" I mumbled looking at her laughing face.

"You guys just came here to sit ? Come on join us." She yelled and threw the ball towards us. Reece caught the ball and immediately got up. He held his hand out for me, I took it and we both made a run towards them.

_________

It was 6:30 p.m., we were all sitting together and watching the sun set. Reece wrapped his arms around his wife. Ethan did the same. Alex was sleeping in her arms. Her eyes were fixed on the sun. She looked so beautiful. Her eyes were twinkling under the sunlight. She rested her head on my shoulders, her eyes were drooping. She's tired.

"I think we should leave now." I whispered to her. She only nodded and we all left for our way back to home.

She was sleepy but she wasn't sleeping. And I might know why.

"You can take a nap."

"It's..it's..okay. I'll take a shower first." She's lying maybe not completely, still I know why she isn't sleeping. She doesn't want me to know about her nightmares. She doesn't want me to see her vulnerable side. And I don't know why, but I don't like it.

Also, after knowing everything I am not letting her stay alone. Not at all.

_________

Hey lovely readers ,

What do you think he is going to do ?

Please vote and let me know what do you think about the chapter .